Author Topic: Converting Kega Fusion .SRM to Mega Everdrive X7  (Read 940 times)

Offline Lord Awesomesauce

• View Profile
Converting Kega Fusion .SRM to Mega Everdrive X7
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:01 PM »
Greetings!

I just got my new Mega Everdrive X7 and it's working perfectly... except .SRM files from Kega Fusion don't work. I've tried the 8to16.exe (and for good measure the 16to8.exe) converter apps but they don't work (neither as the .bin named files, nor renaming them to .srm). I've noticed the .SRM files the Mega Everdrive X7 are much, much larger to the Kega Fusion/converted .SRM files (1-2KB vs. 64KB).

Is there a newer method to convert .SRM from from an emulator (Kega in this case) to the Mega Everdrive X7?

Here's a link to the .srm files I'm trying to convert if it helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfxulst3gw3pt3k/KegaSRM.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

P.S. Is RAM PAR codes ever going to be added to to the Mega Everdrive? I have A LOT of RAM PAR codes (that have no GG equivalent) that I'd be interested in using.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
Re: Converting Kega Fusion .SRM to Mega Everdrive X7
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 05:25 AM »
I have used the cart to do this, put your kega's sram in a folder, go to the game you want the save go to, choose "select only" or load it once and reset.
Then you go to the save file and choose to copy it to sram.

Load the game again to check if your save data is correct.

Offline Lord Awesomesauce

• View Profile
Re: Converting Kega Fusion .SRM to Mega Everdrive X7
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Yep, that works! No conversion tool needed anymore. YAY!

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:54 PM by Lord Awesomesauce »