Author Topic: GBC RTC  (Read 4541 times)

Offline Remobit

• View Profile
GBC RTC
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:11 AM »
Hello, I am planning to buy a GBA Everdrive soon. My question is, can GBC games use the RTC?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GBC RTC
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:53 AM »
GBC games working only via emulator on GBA cartridge, and emulators not supports RTC as far as i know

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Supposedly Goomba has/had some sort of RTC emulation, but I've never tested it... and have no idea how it functions, or if it even works with the EDGBA...

http://www.webpersona.com/goomba/

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Hello, I am planning to buy a GBA Everdrive soon. My question is, can GBC games use the RTC?

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6541.0

Offline MasterBuller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 09:07 PM »

Yes it can, first do the Pokémon E/R/S Boktai RTC trick (Set the time to 12:02 am in Pokémon and save, then open Boktai 1, set at your current date, save your data just to be sure), then select the gbc rom, for example Pokémon Gold, go to ROM Settings, change the RTC option to ON, Apply the change and there it is!

Just remember, after using the game's save option, press L+R so the data will be truly saved

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:50 AM »

Yes it can, first do the Pokémon E/R/S Boktai RTC trick (Set the time to 12:02 am in Pokémon and save, then open Boktai 1, set at your current date, save your data just to be sure), then select the gbc rom, for example Pokémon Gold, go to ROM Settings, change the RTC option to ON, Apply the change and there it is!

Just remember, after using the game's save option, press L+R so the data will be truly saved

" E/R/S Boktai RTC trick"

Is this some kind of trick to sinc the time between all 3 games, so that one won't erase the time on the others?

Offline MasterBuller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 12:21 AM »

" E/R/S Boktai RTC trick"

Is this some kind of trick to sinc the time between all 3 games, so that one won't erase the time on the others?
Exactly!