Author Topic: Impossible to open my Everdrive X5 - cannot unscrew  (Read 3322 times)

Offline gamer388

• View Profile
Impossible to open my Everdrive X5 - cannot unscrew
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:13 AM »
Hi,
I can't uncrew and open my everdrive X5 now. I must have open it 6 or 7 times max.
Now the screw seems to be stuck inside the everdrive.

If you don't remove the screw and open the everdrive getting the SD out and in is very difficult.
I would be great if someone could help me.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who faced this problem before because I think the plastic around the screw must wear out pretty quickly. Would be better if it was a steel or metal housing around the screw not cheap plastic.

Edit : I figured I can pull out and put the SD in by pushing it with a little flat precision screwdriver.
But still I got that screw problem though.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:41 AM by gamer388 »

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Impossible to open my Everdrive X5 - cannot unscrew
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:40 AM »
my fingernail works great in inserting and ejecting the mSD card

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:27 AM »
I recommend using a plastic spudger to push the SD card.
To close the cartridge the only solution that comes to mind is using super glue (cyanoacrylate glue) but if you go this route you won't be able to open the cartridge again.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 09:32 AM »
I recommend using a plastic spudger to push the SD card.
To close the cartridge the only solution that comes to mind is using super glue (cyanoacrylate glue) but if you go this route you won't be able to open the cartridge again.

loctite 242

Offline gamer388

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 01:38 PM »
I used a small flat precision screwdriver to get the SD out of the Everdrive, worked great.
There's no way I can buy another Everdrive plastic shell to replace my fucked up one ?
If I need to open the shell of course I can pry it but after this the shell wouldn't be usable without some loctite as Shadow666 mentionned.

In fact the problem is that when you screw to close the plastic shell the screw never stop spinning and that's not good at all.
The screw should stop to let you know it's 100% screwed in, because you can make infinite turns means you can wear out the screw hole very quicly like I did.
Even when you screw a fan which is also made of plastic (but better quality) even with force at a certain point the screw is locked in place and you cannot do one more turn.

Offline scx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 03:49 PM »
How about you simply solder into the screw very carefully with screwdriver tip to create a nice place for unscrew and then after replace screw? just an idea... alternatively i bend the edges so i can push along it with screwdriver, worked for me on a laptop small screw which was stuck .

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:24 PM »
Why not contact Krickzz about a replacement for the case?