Author Topic: Everdrive GB keeps resetting on GB Boy Colour  (Read 14945 times)

Offline IceCreamKimi

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GB keeps resetting on GB Boy Colour
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Just from my experience:

I have two EDGBs and two GB Boy Colour consoles (the Kongfeng ones) and they all work fine with each other. I just use standard Eneloop rechargables and get 10+ hours of gameplay. I don't get any kind of reset problem.

There's no need for any special batteries. Perhaps OP's console is faulty. I even can use half empty supermarket generic AA's and have no problems writing games from SD card to flash RAM.

Offline _RiCkY_

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 02:00 PM »
I also tried those Eneloop's but did the same as normal batteries , what I think is happening is when you 1st get ur Everdrive you keep testing every game 1 after the other, so ur constantly flashing game after game, by the time ur up to testing ur 10th game the batteries are nearly dead , so if your the kind of gamer that can't settle on just 1 game , or does not like playing the same game day after day untill you complete it like me, then the 1.6V batteries are a must . on a lighter note I just bought the new Everdrive GB X7 . which has none of these battery problems whatsoever. now is there a manual for of some kind for the GB X7 that explains what buttons to press for RTS and other functions ?

(Edit)    Found the button. You press the top of the cartridge.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:02 PM by _RiCkY_ »

Offline eldontyrell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 02:50 PM »
ED-GB always works fine with my GB Boy Colour.

Same for me ... It's working 100% fine.
I have 2 GB Boy Colour and both of them are ok (bought at different moments, from different sellers).
Maybe you came accross a buggy version?

Offline kralde

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 08:27 PM »
In case any one still searching for an answer if you have Gameboy Pocket / Color / GB Boy Colour
You need special kind of batteries 1.6V AA or AAA versions / Extra-high capacity 1500mAh / 2500mWh Ni-Zn rechargeable batteries.
God hear you.
Just got my gb boy colour and everdrive x7 gb keep reseting.
I purchased 1,5V and 2850mah batteries non rechargeable from Amazon, I didn't find any with 1,6V
Lets see what happens

EDIT: Okay, before I get the new batteries I just formatted the sd card and now I'm able to reach at least the OS menu, but when I start a rom, when the console resets, I got back to the OS menu and not the rom I loaded

EDIT2: Okay, this got interesting
I'm only able to boot up into the OS if I format the micro sd selecting 8192 bytes. Any of the other settings will lead my to a fail
The micro sd is a amazon sandisk 16GB class 10

EDIT 3: after trying to change the partition size with minitool partition wizard, no success, in fact, I can't even now boot up again the OS even using the windows formating tool . Trying now a slow format with windows tool selecting 32 KB

FINAL EDIT: Well, happy ending it seems. Took my Everdrive GBA 32GB micro sd. Formatted in windows in a various ways, until I tried 8192 option. Finally loaded a rom and working perfectly.
The good news is that now I have a lot of baterries for other stuff xDDDD

SAD EDIT: After a while of playing, os loop again. Checked in a ags 101, and there, it worked
So it seems that the SanDisk red class*10 micro sd give some problems to the gb colour.

MORE: Received the NON rechargeable 1,5V and 2850 mah batteries.
Works like a charm, after a 32 kb format: SLOW format
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:25 PM by kralde »

Offline migles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 05:03 PM »
In case any one still searching for an answer if you have Gameboy Pocket / Color / GB Boy Colour
You need special kind of batteries 1.6V AA or AAA versions / Extra-high capacity 1500mAh / 2500mWh Ni-Zn rechargeable batteries.

1.6V? will that not damage electronics or at least make them life really shorter?

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 02:23 PM »
There is an efficient solution for this problem? I've something similar:https://youtu.be/A0Cp_j-GJTY
Please help...
GB X5/Smart Card 64M/GBA X5/N8 Famicom/Krzysiocart(Polish flashcart)/Super Ufo 8/ SD2SNES(E.1)/ED64-v2.5/ED MD v3.0/Supercard DSTWO/ Sky3DS+/And packs of R4 in variations, as well as Ackeards too.

Offline Oli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 07:15 PM »
I'have the same issue whit my GB Boy.

Never had problem with my Biverted DMG.
For me the problem comes from the batterys and the power consumption of EDGB only two batteries in the GB Boy vs 4 in the DMG.

When i put fresh new alcaline in the GB Boy it works perfectly with EDGB for a time and after about one hour i can't write a new game but i can play originals games or internal roms.

So i've tried AA Duracell Rechageable 1600 mAh (old one i've got for a long time) and low cost AA 2000mAh Rechargeable i't works about half an hours and the same thing comes.
After replacing with alcaline or recharging Duracell it works fine for the same time as told previously.

So this afternoon i've bought on Amazon 4 AA Fujitsu 2450mAh (The black ones) to make a try.

I'll tell you if you are interested when they will arrive.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:59 PM by Oli »

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05 PM »
I solved my problem, charged another battery pack(panasonic eneloop x 2450mAh) and this is helped! Funny is the original just handle it, and gb boy colour can't. In my opionion ED+ backlit screen= big power consumption.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:51 PM by overtrash »
GB X5/Smart Card 64M/GBA X5/N8 Famicom/Krzysiocart(Polish flashcart)/Super Ufo 8/ SD2SNES(E.1)/ED64-v2.5/ED MD v3.0/Supercard DSTWO/ Sky3DS+/And packs of R4 in variations, as well as Ackeards too.

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 11:35 AM »
I solved my problem, charged another battery pack(panasonic eneloop x 2450mAh) and this is helped! Funny is the original just handle it, and gb boy colour can't. In my opionion ED+ backlit screen= big power consumption.

you are right and the GB Boy Colour units aren't all the same. Some have games on board, some don't. I get display problems with a blue Kong Feng GB Boy Colour which problems I don't have with a transparent Kong Feng GB Boy Colour.
It seems for me that some GB Boy Colour units need more power than others....
And since it is a clone device, there is no prove that it will work as fine as the Original Nintendo Gameboy Colour.
What happens if you use the GB Boy Colour with a PSU? Mine works fine with a PSU. Just asking....

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 01:00 PM »
What happens if you use the GB Boy Colour with a PSU? Mine works fine with a PSU. Just asking....

I have not tried yet, i'll have to!
Another thing is d-pad on gb boy-it is imprecise when you want to take two directions at the same time, nintendo have a better solution.
Secondly when i plug in headphones, speaker still playing, it's nonsense-a lot of people have that problem or after plug in, the left channel doesn't work properly.
There is no need, it just a clone ;)
P.s I've dandelion version.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:03 PM by overtrash »

Offline _RiCkY_

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 02:37 AM »

1.6V? will that not damage electronics or at least make them life really shorter?

The 1.6V Batteries work perfect in my GB Boy Colour , with the EDGB & the EDGBX7
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00851HB6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Oli

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 08:05 PM »

I'll tell you if you are interested when they will arrive.

So, after 3hours+ playing this week-end the GB boy is still working with EDGB, my problem seem's to be solved with those batteries... (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujitsu-2450mAh-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B00OOTXHFS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505667651&sr=1-1&keywords=fujitsu+2450).

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 11:52 PM »
I had the same problem with my 1700mAh Duracell rechargeable batteries.
I tried a 2400mAh Duracell rechargeable batteries and it succeeded.
So I assume you need at least 2400mAh for those GB colours (maybe a new batch).
Thanks your your comments, it helped me too :-)

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 12:46 PM »
I have a problem to with my gb boy and everdrive gb(old).

I play fine but in some moment early or later the game freezes, it appear a  white screen and a sound of broooomm. I don-'t know if the problems are the gb boy or the everdrive(i buy it in retrocables and have guarantie). I have energizer recheargables 2300mh
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:49 PM by tic »

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 07:13 PM »
I have a problem to with my gb boy and everdrive gb(old).

I play fine but in some moment early or later the game freezes, it appear a  white screen and a sound of broooomm. I don-'t know if the problems are the gb boy or the everdrive(i buy it in retrocables and have guarantie). I have energizer recheargables 2300mh
Do you have an original GB/GBC to test?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL