Author Topic: Super Mario Advance 4 e-reader edition saves  (Read 13927 times)

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario Advance 4 e-reader edition saves
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18 AM »
Here's two save files for SMA 4. One is for the EUR release, the other for the US release.

Both have the red switch enabled on the first save slot as well as the e-reader levels. I found the red switch to be the only interesting one.

https://mega.nz/#!RBETQQ5R!J0B5owZ8bkwoqZxrD6gvzOw50id2m1_WT-OH_oQx9r0

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Adding Super Mario 2 style plants (which can be tossed at enemies) to the main game is actually a lot of fun, and the one that makes bosses harder also adds a nice challenge.

It's also worth it giving Luigi his hover jump to the main game, for 'alternate' play style.

The ones that make one ups moons isn't as needed. And the switch that make your each attack points at 4000 is only useful for collecting one ups. Points doubler switch is mostly for helping you unlock the mini-games on the map faster.

The luigi demo mode is not needed at all, and only useful if you are planning to play as luigi's physics primarily.

The item that saves you from pits 'twice' can be fun. I like the mechanics on that one.

The item drop box is bugged though (as it obscures text in many of the game's cutscenes), although its cool to test different suits and items all in the same level.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:16 PM by Galron »

Offline hooddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 01:38 PM »
Here's two save files for SMA 4. One is for the EUR release, the other for the US release.

Both have the red switch enabled on the first save slot as well as the e-reader levels. I found the red switch to be the only interesting one.

2 me SMA4 (E) won't playable. It sound weird at title screen and freeze after it. SMA4 (U) works well but put your sav (fla) file into approrpiate folder do nothin. Please advice.

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 07:07 PM »

2 me SMA4 (E) won't playable. It sound weird at title screen and freeze after it. SMA4 (U) works well but put your sav (fla) file into approrpiate folder do nothin. Please advice.
Please post the checksums of your SMA 4 EU ROM. This only works with the patched version containing the 38 e-reader levels.

x124 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Wii U Virtual Console)
x109 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (USA) (Wii U Virtual Console)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:08 PM by Localhorst86 »

Offline hooddy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Oh... I use original (!) roms. Okay... i'm goin to find those ones... (share it in PM please).

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile

Offline hooddy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 11:01 PM »
Is it apply to SMA4 (E) v1.1 rom? Thanks for the hashes. I've 3.23 romset and thise rom named
Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (E) (M5) (V1.1) [o1] coz of extra level I suppose.
Can ya share patch and hash for usa rom too I prefer to play? With no patch the save isn't worked.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:23 AM by hooddy »

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 11:11 AM »
Is it apply to SMA4 (E) v1.1 rom? Thanks for the hashes. I've 3.23 romset and thise rom named
Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (E) (M5) (V1.1) [o1] coz of extra level I suppose.
Can ya share patch and hash for usa rom too I prefer to play? With no patch the save isn't worked.

the goodset rom sets is the wrong pack to use, use the no-intro set

Offline hooddy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 03:27 PM »

the goodset rom sets is the wrong pack to use, use the no-intro set

The rom i noted is corrected with all the hashes provided by Localhorst86.
I do undastood good tools isn't good but i don't wanna to repack rescan or find new full no-intro set (and i dunno where in the 1st). I need an path for usa rom. With no patch usa rom isn't playable.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 03:45 PM »
"the goodset rom sets is the wrong pack to use, use the no-intro set"

I've never seen the 38 level 'hacked' version in the "no-intro' sets considering that no-intro sets do not contain 'hacked' roms.

The hack itself used to be on Romhacking.net, but was removed for copyright violation. I don't know of any alternate links to the patch.

Offline hooddy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 04:17 PM »
There is some mess with it) Localhorst86 share patch for euro rom. The rom is contained 38 levels already (or it's the save file contains e-reader levels. Correct me if I wrong). The patch add ability to play rom at emus and flash carts. So I just though Localhorst86 did this patch coz hi share save files for both euro and usa roms. And i suppose Localhorst86 have patch for usa rom too. If this isnt' like that... well thats ok. euro version playing well.

upd. I've got it. the patch for usa rom is in the gbatemp thread at very 1st post. It's seems okay. Thank to all dudes!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:24 PM by hooddy »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 01:16 AM »
It's patch  or patches to turn the original GBA game roms (euro and USA) into the rom used in Wii Virtiual console version of the game.

More of the history there.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2714/

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 07:31 AM »
It's patch  or patches to turn the original GBA game roms (euro and USA) into the rom used in Wii Virtiual console version of the game.

More of the history there.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2714/

The release is not officially considered a hack since it was released in ROM form by Nintendo on the Virtual Console. They are considered actual releases, the patches in the gbatemp thread only patch certain ROMs to become said release.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 12:35 PM »
Still, I've never found the original release roms from Virtual Console in any "No-intro' sets I've looked at.  They seem to only maintain the ones taken from actual carts.

Here is the GBAtemp discussion:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/about-super-mario-advance-4s-release.411467/

They still describe the VC rom as being a 'modified rom' based off the Rev 1 rom.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:44 PM by Galron »

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 07:04 PM »
they are part of the no-intro set, if they are different from the non-VC releases.

After all, they are not homebrew hacks, they are official ROMs released by Nintendo.

http://i.imgur.com/8TxjE33.png