Author Topic: Do famicom disk systems games require the disc system in order to play it ?  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Uberrich

• View Profile
Preordered my deluxe edtion from Stone Age Gamer. Can't wait !! :D I plan on using it on my NES Top Loader with a Famicom to NES converter. Do you need the Famicom Disk System in order to play FDS games on the N8 (Never had an FDS (Or a Famicom really. :p) so i don't know how the system works. :p) ? Thanks. :D

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FDS games work without fds addon

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
FDS games will work without the add-on as the N8 emulates the CHR RAM of the Disk System.

The disk system worked by loading data onto CHR RAM in the RAM Adapter cart, so with the CHR RAM emulated, it can run those games fine.

What I'm REALLY wondering is because I have a Twin Famicom, if I can use the N8 to start up the Disk Checker rom and be able to check my Famicom Disks. Anyone ever try that?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FDS games will work without the add-on as the N8 emulates the CHR RAM of the Disk System.

The disk system worked by loading data onto CHR RAM in the RAM Adapter cart, so with the CHR RAM emulated, it can run those games fine.

What I'm REALLY wondering is because I have a Twin Famicom, if I can use the N8 to start up the Disk Checker rom and be able to check my Famicom Disks. Anyone ever try that?
No you can't. twin fami completelly dissable addon hadware when you swithc to cartridge mode

Offline llioncourt

• View Profile
Does it need to have the Disk System BIOS Rom somewhere on the cart?

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
No need for the bios.