Author Topic: Save Game Issues  (Read 2370 times)

Offline cybapunk

• View Profile
Save Game Issues
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:00 PM »
for the life of me i can't get this to work

ive run goldeneye 007 on project 64 enabled all levels and cheat menu.

downloaded the save and made the same name as the rom im using but it doesn't work

when i load up goldeneye in everdrive its either all blank files and its not working

what am i doing wrong please help me

Offline pcfreak324

• View Profile
Re: Save Game Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:38 PM »
N64 emulation is still far from perfect. Therefore, emulators create savegames that are not always compatible with real hardware. Sometimes a simple byteswap will make them work, other times more changes are necessary.

It would be easiest if you just use the savegames from this thread, which have been verified to work: Save Files tested and working on the ED64

Offline cybapunk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:58 PM »
yeah i tried to download it but i keep getting 404 Attachment Not Found

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 03:12 PM »
yeah i tried to download it but i keep getting 404 Attachment Not Found

I confirm that that download doesn't work, so I've zipped up all of the game saves I've downloaded to my laptop over the years and uploaded the zip file to:

https://mega.nz/#!OB9VCTTT!lU9wHVfX1JPcJzB-l_Z89U-9nfA3leEkHhO4uacn3vA

There's a Goldeneye save in there, but I don't know if I've ever tried any of the save files, so some of them might or might not work. I don't have my N64/ED64 with me (working away from home) so I can't upload the saves from the ED64's SD card. The zip file includes .eep files (put them in your SD card\ED64\SAVE folder, with your other .eep files), and controller pak files (.mpk files) which must be copied over your controller pak using the ED64's built in "FILE to CONTROLLER PAK" (or whatever it's called, I can't remember) function.