Author Topic: Cash Bounty for SA-1 or Super FX Support  (Read 18338 times)

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
Re: Cash Bounty for SA-1 or Super FX Support
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 01:41 PM »
I know one person  with high tech skill  in vhdl,fpga etc etc, i can ask if he is intereseted with a collect, but i can't promise nothing :D.

go for it.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Erockbrox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 05:59 AM »
I had this same idea not too long ago. Once we had a programmer involved we can set up a patreon account for him, that way we wouldn't have to "trust" anybody other than the developer.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Find someone who is confident that they can pull it off and set up a patreon for that person or team. Then the programmer can actually get something for their time and work.

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 11:05 AM »
I know one person  with high tech skill  in vhdl,fpga etc etc, i can ask if he is intereseted with a collect, but i can't promise nothing :D.

go for it.

Nope, he tell that he not know the snes. So not is the rigth guy to make this project. :(.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 01:04 PM »
i doubt, that there is anyone available who knows enough about the super-fx chip to implement it in hdl by heart. (except the guy who originally designed it, of course)
years ago ikari_01 mentioned on irc, that there is still some reverse engineering necessary. :D

maybe it isn't even possible with the current hardware and the old small fpga. ^^
some day when the current parts are getting harder to source, there might be a redesign anyway, i guess.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 01:30 AM »
I think so too. ST-011 and ST-018 are already impossible with the current SD2SNES, so there is no doubt that there is room for a new hardware version one day when we know more.

The SA-1 is also probably not fully understood yet, so more reverse engineering is needed for that as well.

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 10:59 AM »
As i know, back in time, argonaut made the fx prototype in actel fpga in the 90 years. Even if the fpga of sd2snes is little old.It should be much better that a fpga of beginning of 90 decade...

Another question, is nobody know how implement it jaja.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 09:15 PM »
i doubt, that there is anyone available who knows enough about the super-fx chip to implement it in hdl by heart. (except the guy who originally designed it, of course)
years ago ikari_01 mentioned on irc, that there is still some reverse engineering necessary. :D

maybe it isn't even possible with the current hardware and the old small fpga. ^^
some day when the current parts are getting harder to source, there might be a redesign anyway, i guess.

This guy knows what he's talking about. 

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 04:28 AM »

This guy knows what he's talking about.
Yeah, many people think it's just a problem of money and don't think if this is really something currently feasible.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07 PM »
Thats because, when someone buy a 200e cartridge. They expect  he do all they should do. Not a  ohh

well sorry, to play this you need to spend another 200e in a another new cartridge.

So simply. The people can't think is feasible or not, they spend 200e so they asume is feasible automatically.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 01:25 PM »
The problem is not enough people with the skill to pull it off are interested in it enough to spend all the necessary time reverse engineering and making it. If you paid someone skilled for all the required work, it might be doable.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 11:20 PM »

the fgpa snes guy mentioned he'd be willing to give it a shot once he's done with his own project, and it looks like he is almost done. Maybe we can talk to him about it?

Of course he'd have to reverse engineer the hell out of these chips, but he's already done the rest of the snes hardware, so we know this is a feasible task for him.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 11:56 PM »
why not - it's worth a try. ^^
maybe he needs the superfx compatibility anyway, if he is adding rom support for his project.
after reading the thread on nesdev, i think he is definitely interested in some financial incentive. :D

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 12:43 AM »
why not - it's worth a try. ^^
maybe he needs the superfx compatibility anyway, if he is adding rom support for his project.
after reading the thread on nesdev, i think he is definitely interested in some financial incentive. :D

yup, that is exactly what I meant. He sounds like the perfect guy for it.

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 03:11 AM »
at least ikari is planning to start working on these chips himself arround 1.10/2.0

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 09:49 AM »
sure, but in the long run we are all dead.
he is talking about gsu support literally since years.