Author Topic: SD2SNES working on one snes and not on the other one (Everdrive on both)  (Read 1949 times)

Offline fuzz

• View Profile
I probably have a really strange problem, but i currently own two snes consoles together with a super everdrive and a sd2snes. Both snes consoles have been modded with a supercic and the cic has been removed. One snes has a SNSP-CPU-01 motherboard and the other snes has a SNSP-CPU-02 motherboard.

SNSP-CPU-01
- Boots Super Everdrive
- Boots SD2SNES

SNSP-CPU-02
- Boots Super Everdrive
- SD2SNES shows black screen. No strange led activity or anything and passes al the usual diagnostics.

I have no idea what to look for to get this working.. Is there anyone that can help me solve this problem?

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
Probably have some weak caps.  The oldest ones tend to be worse.  On 99% of carts they're fine, but SD2SNES draws a lot of power.

Offline fuzz

• View Profile
Probably have some weak caps.  The oldest ones tend to be worse.  On 99% of carts they're fine, but SD2SNES draws a lot of power.

Haven't thought about that since both were working with the Super Everdrive. Just ordered all the smd parts needed for a recap, hopefully i will get this tomorrow. Will probably recap both of them while i'm at it.