Author Topic: Occasional strange behavior on OSv16 menu  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Erizisto

• View Profile
Occasional strange behavior on OSv16 menu
« on: September 14, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Hello,

I have had a couple of strange things happen on the main menu of OSv16.

(A) Shortly after turning the system on or pressing reset to reload the menu, a "File Menu" box will pop up by itself.  The only options in the menu are "Load Cheats" and "Cancel".  This has happened without me pressing anything, and with the cursor still pointing at the EDFC folder after powering on.

(B) Sometimes the left half of the gray bar at the bottom of the screen will partially or completely disappear/turn black.  The text in the bar remains on the screen.

My brother has seen the random menu appear a few times, so it's not just my hardware.  We both use stock AV Famicoms, and legit N8s bought several years ago from StoneAgeGamer.  I've never seen either of these things on OSv15 or earlier.

Neither of those things happen very often, and they don't seem to affect menu functionality or actual gameplay in any way.  I just thought it would be a good idea to report it, since I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else.  Also, I'm just curious if anyone else has ever seen these things happen.

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
Re: Occasional strange behavior on OSv16 menu
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 07:56 PM »
I haven't noticed that myself, but I'll keep an eye out for it too. 

Offline Erizisto

• View Profile
Re: Occasional strange behavior on OSv16 menu
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:52 PM »
I messed with this some more today, and am getting a ton of the menu popups.

The menu only contains "Load Cheats" and "Cancel".  Load Cheats is highlighted by default.  If I press down to highlight Cancel and do nothing else, it'll usually jump by itself back to Load Cheats after a short amount of time.

Clicking on Cancel will close the menu and also open whatever folder the OS cursor was pointing at when the menu appeared.

Clicking on Load Cheats goes to the Game Genie codes screen.

If I just press the B button to try to close out of the menu, I've seen several different things happen.
-Sometimes it closes normally, and I'm back to the OS (where the menu will usually reappear after a short time)
-Sometimes, the menu box stays on the screen, but I go back to controlling the main OS cursor pointing at folders
-One time, the entire screen just showed scrambled graphics, but when pressing arrows, I could still see something like a cursor moving up and down.

I'm still hoping someone else comes along that has seen any of these things happen.