Author Topic: Error:40 GPIO controller fault  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Etrian

• View Profile
Error:40 GPIO controller fault
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:15 AM »
Hi, I've just received my GBA Everdrive X5 in the post today. I've loaded the relevant system files onto an SD card along with some games and some emulators. I tried a few GBA games and GB games and everything was working fine but when trying to load one of them up the system crashed.

I switched my Gameboy Micro off and back on again but it booted into the Everdrive screen with the message "ERROR:40" in the top left of the screen and "GPIO controller fault" in the middle.

For a while after that it wouldn't boot past the GAMEBOY splash screen. Eventually it did but then crashed again. Now, sometimes it freezes on the boot screen, sometimes it gets past this but almost always freezes before getting to the Everdrive menu. Sometimes the red light flashes on the cartridge but usually it doesn't.

Very occasionally it'll get past this to the Everdrive menu but it'll always crash shortly afterwards. I'm fairly certain it's not a problem with the micro SD card as the behaviour is the same regardless of whether it's present.

Am I going to have to send this back for a replacement?

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Error:40 GPIO controller fault
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:40 PM »
It seems that your Everdrive has a hardware fault, request a replacement here https://krikzz.com/store/contact-us
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Etrian

• View Profile
Re: Error:40 GPIO controller fault
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Thanks. I tested it out for a lot longer and kept getting the same problems. I also tried it on my DS and had the same issues. I've returned it to the UK reseller I bought it from and hopefully they'll replace it promptly.