Author Topic: I can't get Neon64 (the one that saturnu linked) to work  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Xeraser

• View Profile
I can't get Neon64 (the one that saturnu linked) to work
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:11 AM »
So, I have a PAL N64 and an ED64 V3.. I was trying out the Neon64 release that saturnu linked in a couple threads. I downloaded a PAL Romset (from a torrent. It's extremely incomplete and shitty. If anyone has a COMPLETE PAL Romset for the NES then PM me), extracted it in a folder and put the NEON64BU.ROM file in the folder. Booted it up and selected the Neon64 ROM, used the C button to switch to PAL mode and pressed A.. It tells me something about the ROM not being in an INES format.. Here's a screenshot of the folder. (Had to download the Zelda 1 rom manually.. freaking romset didn't have it.. unbelievable) https://i.imgur.com/jItemLs.png

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: I can't get Neon64 (the one that saturnu linked) to work
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Get a complete no-intro set for NES and take out all the PAL roms. No-intro are using the proper ines format.

Offline Xeraser

• View Profile
Re: I can't get Neon64 (the one that saturnu linked) to work
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 06:50 PM »
I got one from completeroms.. It didn't work. I've extracted them in on folder along with the neon64.rom file but it still doesn't work. Do I need to leave it zipped ? Or did I get the wrong one again ?

If I start them directly then they play but the colors are messed up since the included version of neon64 is NTSC-only.. Can I REPLACE that file with the newer one ? What do I need to replace ?

I got it to work. I made a backup of "emu.nes" then renamed the new Neon64 file to "emu.nes" and it worked.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:53 PM by Xeraser »