Author Topic: Everdrive's Menu and Arkanoid II controller  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Koh1Fds

• View Profile
Everdrive's Menu and Arkanoid II controller
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Seems like Everdrive's menu doesn't properly work if you connect Famicom's Arkanoid II controller and normal controller at the same time. Like if you press d-pad on normal controller - nothing happens. You can't select anything in menu. But in Arkanoid II you can use normal controller or Arkanoid controller without disconnecting anything (it depends on witch controller you press button to enter the game). So in order to play games that supports arkanoid controller you have to connect it after selecting the game. I wounder if there is any solution to that or i did something wrong.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive's Menu and Arkanoid II controller
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 01:59 PM »
That sounds weird, but it could be explained.  The Famicom Arkanoid controllers use the same data lines as Player 3 & 4 controllers plugged into the expansion port.  If the EverDrive reads for Player 3 & 4 standard controllers as many Famicom games do, it may be getting confused by the output from the Arkanoid controller.  Try turning the dial on the Arkanoid controller in several places and see whether that will free up your buttons on the Player 1 controller. 

I'm not sure it is advisable to plug in your Arkanoid controller while the system is turned on.  NES Controller Ports have Diode Arrays to prevent short circuits as you insert controllers into the system, even in the AV Famicom.  The Famicom expansion port does not.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 05:06 PM »
The N8 OS do support Player 3 & 4 controllers for the menu now, so that could be the case.

What is your setup? How do you plug in Famicom Arkanoid II controller and a controller at the same time?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:08 PM by nuu »

Offline Koh1Fds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 06:12 PM »
I'm using AV Famicom. I plug US NES controller to controller port 1 and i plug Arkanoid controller into expansion port. When I turn wheel on arkanoid controller it's like pressing select or something (options menu pops up)