Author Topic: Issues with transferring saves.  (Read 2264 times)

Offline chrisw80

• View Profile
Issues with transferring saves.
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:54 AM »
Now that the Mega Everdrive v2 and X7 can play FM music; I decided to attempt to transfer my Ys Vanished Omen save from the Master Ever drive to the Mega Ever drive. Whatever I tried the Mega Ever Drive doesn't work with the saves. I first simply renamed it from *.srm to ssm, then used the 16to8 and 8to16, to convert it that way and nothing. Also, kept the default name and ran it through 16to8 and 8to16 again. I would just start over, but I maxed out my levels and am nearing the end of the game and would rather not start over.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
Re: Issues with transferring saves.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:57 AM »
Grab your original srm from master Everdrive, put it in a folder named "master_save" (it can be anything you want) inside your Mega Everdrive SD card.

Navigate to the target game and only load it, then navigate to your save from master everdrive, select it and choose copy to sram, then press start.

Offline chrisw80

• View Profile
Re: Issues with transferring saves.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:26 AM »
I appreciate the reply, but no dice. Guess the game really wants me to start over. I will toy around with it a bit more with 16to8 and 8to16. I am glad it's only one game and not multiple games.

p.s. Figured it out. Had to run it through 8to16 and then it worked. You set me on the right path, thanks!

p.p.s So, basically run the Master Everdrive save through 8to16 and then copy it over per your instructions and it works.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:38 AM by chrisw80 »