Author Topic: how much longer will it take to make those non working games working?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
Just wondering it feels like an entreaty already. They said it was possible from the start. Thats why I spent the extra cash for this. They gotta figure this out soon I hope. Or someone find a way to patch the roms to use the special chips the sd2snes has or something instead.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing
    • View Profile
Re: how much longer will it take to make those non working games working?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Just wondering it feels like an entreaty already. They said it was possible from the start. Thats why I spent the extra cash for this. They gotta figure this out soon I hope. Or someone find a way to patch the roms to use the special chips the sd2snes has or something instead.
It's not as simple as patching the roms. The roms themselves need supporting hardware and that hardware is the SuperFX and SA-1 chips.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline gojira54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:48 PM »

Gotta say all the posts of yours I've read are bullshit.
Stop whining and go and buy the real games if you have to have them so bad :/

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 02:49 AM »
There are a handful (and by handful, I mean maybe 2 or 3, if that) that are working on this. Keep in mind that this is a hobby for said people working on this project, meaning that they have normal, day to day lives that involve work and/or family.

The SD2SNES firmware has been made open source. Therefore, anyone with the programming experience is able to lend a hand to the community to further advance this project.

If you have the time and knowledge to add to the project, please do so. Are you willing to learn the programming language used in this project to help? If so, we all implore you to do so.

If you don't have the time, but you know someone who does and is willing to participate in the project, please do so.

We've all been patiently waiting for updates on it. Some of us follow Ikari's updates on the project through his Twitter page and the SD2SNES blog.I'm sure he, and whoever else assists with it, are all diligently working on it when they have the time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Patience is the key. Posts like this won't make updates come faster.

Also, locked.