Author Topic: Will my Everdrive N8 live ever again??  (Read 2057 times)

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
Will my Everdrive N8 live ever again??
« on: November 24, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Hi there, I want to describe my problem- my Everdrive N8 started to make strange things recently. It glitched at random moments and once I ran diagnostic test, it reported SRAM error. I replaced the SRAM chip, even 2 different SRAM chips and there was still SRAM error. After that I resoldered all Everdrive chips and after that it worked but only sometimes. Sometimes it still didn't work and sometimes threw different errors. After I tried to resolder everything 1 more time it seems there was probably some shortage accidentally and after I tried to resolder it one more time, it stopped working completely. The LED doesn't even power up on it... It is 100% original Everdrive N8 that I bought from KrikZZ shop a few years ago. So, the only thing I can do is buy all Everdrive chips and install them or buy another Everdrive?? Is this possible to buy chips only from KrikZZ maybe?? How about replacing new FPGA chips only?? I'd be grateful to try to repair it in any way as the board still looks good. I will not post a picture this time since everything looks normal on the PCB now. Please for help. Thanks in advance!

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Will my Everdrive N8 live ever again??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 06:52 PM »
You're better off sending the device back to Krikzz for him to repair.

https://krikzz.com/store/contact-us

Remember that this isn't a simple matter of replacing chips, the FPGA has the hardware logic that is closed source and only Krikzz has access to the source code.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL