Poll

Was this thread helpful to you? (You can change your vote at any time)

Yes.
12 (75%)
No.
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Closed)  (Read 32484 times)

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 05/26/18)
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Bump, I would like to get back to working on this very soon but due to my job and other projects I don't know when this will be. Stay tuned for sure.

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 08:38 PM »
I'm a bit confused why there's Super Mario 64 Twisted Adventures and Super Mario 64 Twisted Adventures 2 on the list since it's one game which that only version 2 works on console. (Nym, just realised what you mean)

Therefore; Super Mario 64 Twisted Adventures v2.0 works. I made a backup patch for it

However v2.1 is broken on console.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:01 PM by superbite »

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 09:36 AM »
I'm a bit confused why there's Super Mario 64 Twisted Adventures and Super Mario 64 Twisted Adventures 2 on the list since it's one game which that only version 2 works on console.

Therefore; Super Mario 64 Twisted Adventures v2.0 works. I made a backup patch for it

However v2.1 is broken on console.

It's listed as two separate hacks on SM64Hacks.com which is why I added both to the list.

Also, hoping to get back into this in the coming days/weeks/months. I'd like to completely finish all of the Mario Party 1-3 hacks, all of the GoldenEye hacks, and all of the Perfect Dark hacks before I go on hiatus again. As some of you know the GoldenEye Vault was taken down or is in the process of being taken down so I'll update the list of hacks up to the point they were at before the take down, test them, and leave it at that until a replacement website is up or the old website is brought back to life and is fully functioning. Right now all of the lists are out of date as new hacks were pretty much released for all categories so expect everything to be brought up to date soon!

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 09/14/18)
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 05:56 PM »
It's a nice day for a white we-testingacraptonofmario64andmariopartyhacks

So joking aside I just went onto SM64Hacks' website and saw they just got a new host and that most if not all of the old hacks have been re-uploaded onto a new mirror. This means that I can now (I haven't looked at every hack to see if the download link is updated and works mind you) finally finish testing every single Super Mario 64 hack that is currently out there so today since I have the day off I'd like to do so as well as test a few Mario Party custom boards as well.

With the new http://n64vault.com/ coming out I also noticed that Super Smash Bros. hacks are coming out now among others so once I finish the stuff already in my list I'll definitely be adding the info for these new games.

So bottom line, major testing happening today, hopefully we can finally finish and update the SM64 section of the list.

Edit: Also updated the first post to have all the links be in their own box which now includes the updated info for the websites and a place for single hack links for hacks not hosted on the above major websites.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:14 PM by The Renegadist »

Offline WahWah

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 10/19/18)
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 05:34 AM »
I can confirm that macn64's Mario Mender 64 works on Star Road (Final) with severe slowdown, but at least it boots up and runs on console! :) I might try out the Light Edition sometime soon to see if it works any better.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 10/19/18)
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 04:56 PM »
So apologies to aterraformer but I just gave his reply from April 30 another go and discovered that this website: http://bruceivshankle.wixsite.com/centralocarina is actually pretty expansive and has not only a ton of OOT hacks but pre-patched and ready to go! This means that in the near future I can finally add OOT hacks to the list and begin testing!

Also note that I've started adding single link hacks onto the first post, mainly for SM64 but I'll be adding more as time goes. So with that said I retract my previous statement about only taking ROM hacks from big name/central sources. If people have hacks that are uploaded and aren't on any of the non-central sites I have in the first post then by all means drop the links in replies so I can take a look at them and add them to the single-hack list. Keep in mind that I still only accept hacks/links that can used without requiring people to login, this means if the website requires people to login before they can download hacks that I won't be using that as a source. (IE. Origami64)

On the above note, the only hacks I will not be adding to my list from SM64's stuff is the majority of Kaze's hacks due to the fact they're linked using MEGA and because they're linked in his video descriptions the links get cut-off and are unusable. If someone would like to re-upload all of his stuff onto one archive or use a host like Yandex to host his hacks then drop me a link and I can start working with that. Otherwise Kaze will have to give me the raw links he puts in his video descriptions or use Yandex for hosting his stuff.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:27 PM by The Renegadist »

Offline r1ggles

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 10/20/18)
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2018, 07:55 PM »
I've tried Super Mario 64 Multiplayer ( by Skelux ) with no luck, also tried it with the experimental ED compatibility patcher.
It does Wii as a VC injection and I have a feeling it might technically work on hardware just that maybe it needs some address patching like some of the bigger ED compatible Mario hacks like 74, Twisted Adventures, Sky Stories and Sapphire.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 11/08/18)
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 04:51 AM »
Bump, got a new 32GB MicroSD card and am going to get back into testing hopefully tomorrow. I recently discovered a new list of hacks that is much more expansive than SM64Hacks.com's list. I'll add what I can before I hit the limit and will be testing as many as I can before hitting said limit.  Still waiting on the crew behind the new N64Vault to add alphabetizing to their lists so I can easily add ones I don't have and know what to test.

Due to the fact this new source or SM64 ROM hacks have been found I'll have everything I need to now complete the already almost complete list and will no longer need SM64Hacks to do so though they'll still be used as a source.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:57 AM by The Renegadist »

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 11/09/18)
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2018, 07:25 AM »
So just as a heads up, I am switching how I track information now since the threat of hitting the character limit once again is on the horizon. Instead of having one big thread I'm going to break each ROM hack up into smaller threads with plenty of room to do what I want to do. The main post will have a table of contents section added which will link each individual hack thread and I will continue to use the change log though now bumped up.

I ask that you do not reply to the smaller hack threads and focus your replies on the main post as has always been done, pretend like the individual hacks are locked. I will only be responding to replies in the main post and the main post will be the only that gets the "Updated on" title and the changelog will still reflect overall changes made to all hack threads.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 11/09/18)
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 09:28 AM »
Move is done, please feel free to let the individual threads sink into the forums now that they're all linked in the main thread.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Rom Hack Compatibility Thread 2.0 (Updated on 11/10/18)
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 04:34 AM »
Well, there you go. I don't know which staff member deleted all of my "Reserved" space posts for each of the ROM hack pages but someone did. It's very clear that either Krikzz, the staff, or both don't give a shit about this project of mine and really never did from day one. Sorry to those who found what I was doing useful but I'm not going to continue using these forums for my project when the staff team isn't willing to work with me and even when I try and get creative so I can continue to work on this they shut it down.

Oh well.