Author Topic: Super SD System 3...  (Read 10030 times)

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
Re: Super SD System 3...
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 08:06 PM »
So, in the spring, users found noise in the RGB output, humming in CD audio, and a few other issues.  These were corrected by Terra Onion.  One question I was curious on, but the Super Grafx games will run even if this thing is connected to a TG-16 or CoreGrafx?

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 10:25 PM »
No,you need a super grafx to play these games,all other games works fine.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 10:52 PM »
No,you need a super grafx to play these games,all other games works fine.

Seriously?  They built a CD clone in but not that?

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 01:25 PM »
I think the base console for all the games is a pc engine,you can't play arcade-cd rom games without a pc engine,but the super grafx is a different console,more powerfull and a different chipset.
That's why you need a super grafx console to play them.
But it works fine greg,despite the problem they had its a great product.
My personal insight is when they created the super sd system 3,they should first focus 100% on this without working on neosd aes and mvs pro,then probably those problems weren't there.
I fixed the audio and sdcard buzz myself with the info from terraonion forums with a cap.
I still have rev1,its works flawless,without rgb problems because i use a sony trinitron crt tv,i think the problems started when people hooked it up via lcd-framemeister ect...
I also use for all my consoles,and that are alot,packapunch pro cables,not cheap,but they are top quality.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:27 PM by fille1976 »

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Cool, it's definitely on my wish list I think.  Simply for the CD Rom capability, as I have little interest in spending $400 or whatever on a Turbo Duo.  Super Grafx would have been a tiny bonus, as they only made a 1/2 dozen games for that anyway.  Frankly the RGB interference that was found I probably wouldn't have noticed, though an audio hum would have been annoying. 

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 10:54 PM »
If you buy it the audio buzz and rgb problem is solved in the new revision,and it plays nice and fine here.
I'm really happy with it,i'm glad i own one.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 08:50 PM »
So I just got one.  I'm setup on a CRT with RGB to component cables, so the video and audio are fine to me.  The menu leaves much to be desired though.  Navigating with the start button is terrible.  They also should have created some type of save state feature, but I mean beyond that it works pretty nicely. 

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59 PM »
My preferred PC engine solution is an RGB modded Duo-R. The Turbo everdrive covers the Hucard games. Then I have an external usb plextor CD-R burner from 2003 that I found on amazon recently. Then I burn silver laquered CD-R discs at 4x speed. I also have an extra optical pickup for the Duo-R incase that ever dies. It all works perfectly.