Author Topic: Is there a compatability list anyone has created? Report games not working?  (Read 25057 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
the x-men reset problem was fixed with an OS update a while back. my megadrive aint been set up for a little while but if emmory serves me correctly it's just a matter of changing the how the reset button functions in MegaED options menu and then you can press reset during x-men game and it functions as intended :)

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
FWIW, in the first Assembler Games link at least 1 guy says they're both working on his Mega ED (he did say Beggar Prince you have to get a rom from the 3rd run)...

I think he meant that the patched version works (and the patched version is also based on the third run).

Offline Travoltron

• View Profile
Squirrel King (R) [!].gen doesn't seem to work.  The character dies immediately when the game starts.
Also Harry Potter (R).gen.

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
Squirrel King (R) [!].gen doesn't seem to work.  The character dies immediately when the game starts.
Also Harry Potter (R).gen.
Squirrel King needs the .bin dump to work: Squirrel King (R) [!].bin

Also Risk doesn't work. Pink screens on Mega Everdrive but works perfectly on Everdrive MD.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Travoltron

• View Profile
OK, I tried "Squirrel King (R) [f1]" and it runs just fine.  But I'm noticing problems with a lot of ROMs marked (R).  Fortunately there aren't many of those.  I think Deer Hunter (R) was another one I couldn't get to work.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:29 PM by Travoltron »

Offline Capriellllle

• View Profile
Top Gear 2 doesn't work...

Yes it does...
You need to find the right rom. Top Gear 2 (U) [!]

Yes, it works, but with the [f1] and [f2] variations, at least for me...

Inviato dal mio NGM Forward Active con Tapatalk 2

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
IIRC the roms marked (R) are Russian. As many of these games were recently created by the pirating scene, many of them are not expected to work due to differences in the hardware. Another case would be Iraq War 2003 (Unl).bin but this game won't work on a original genesis anyway since it was designed for clone consoles in mind.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Dr.wario

• View Profile
forgotten worlds always puts me directly to the game over screen, anyone else has this problem?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
forgotten worlds always puts me directly to the game over screen, anyone else has this problem?
I only have the 1.1 revision (Forgotten Worlds (World) (v1.1).md) on my sd and that works fine. Are you using no intro or goodset?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:48 AM by Paulweeze »

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
Do you use a 6-button pad on your Mega Drive? Forgotten Worlds has problems with it. Press and hold the "Mode" button on your pad before you turn on the console. Or use the normal 3-button pad.

Some games incorrectly read the controller more than twice per frame, which may cause them to read the wrong set of buttons. If the Mode button is held in while starting the Mega Drive console, the 6-button gamepad will disable the extra buttons and act identically to a 3-button gamepad. (That is, the controller's internal counter will reset after the first two cycles instead of after eight cycles.)
Incompatible Games

note: this list is incomplete

Forgotten Worlds (reads controllers too quickly for the pad to keep up — there is no delay between setting TH and reading the new values, and apparently regular controllers are fast enough to handle this, but not the 6-button)

Games Requiring 3-Button Mode

note: this list is empty, please help

Arch Rivals
    Golden Axe II
    Ms. Pac-Man

King of the Monsters requires an abnormally long press of the mode button in order to work.

http://segaretro.org/Six_Button_Control_Pad_%28Mega_Drive%29
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:26 AM by Retro-Nerd »

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
Risk (U)[!].bin

This works perfectly on Everdrive MD but it pink screens on Mega Everdrive.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
Risk (U)[!].bin

This works perfectly on Everdrive MD but it pink screens on Mega Everdrive.
I can confirm the pink screen on Mega Everdrive as well (using no intro). Wonder why that would be the case?

Offline IrishNinja

• Half-man, half-amazing
  • The flowers are still standing
    • View Profile
    • Hondo's Bar
1- Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
2- Menacer 6-in-1 Game Pack
3- Ninja Burai Densetsu
4- Wonder Library
5- Virtua Racing

awesome - i can totally live with this list!  i have Virtua Racing, and the 6-in-1 is redundant here anyway.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
is there any fix for the risk game? i have not tried this out on my mega everdrive and just assumed it would work because it works on the everdrive md. i figured that everything which worked on the everdrive md would more than likely work on the mega everdrive, especially because the mega everdrive is the superior product.

edit - i just tried out the risk game and it worked fine. it's not the no intro rom or from the goodset even. i've had my most of my megadrive/genesis roms for years, since my old copier days.
 i don't know what is different about my version which makes it work, makes me think of the battletanx game on the n64, the virgin rom won't work with os 2.04 but the trained rom works fine. maybe this risk rom i have has been altered in some way but there is no trainer though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:10 PM by butfluffy »

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
And to those who dont have Butfluffy's version of Risk :D, Chilly Willy posted a PAR code in this thread that will allow it to work (either use the PAR option on the MED or just hex it in) http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.15
Look at reply #21. Thanks Chilly!