Author Topic: Problem with Turbo Everdrive and JP/US Modded PC-Engine  (Read 3671 times)

Offline armand

• View Profile
Hey Folks,

today I added a region mod to my PC-Engine (using mod 4551 multiplexers) and it works perfect with jp and us hucards. Then I tried my Everdrive. Menu works but not the games. Then I put the Everdrive back to another unmodded PC-Engine and flashed a game, it runs, fine. Till here nothing´s special. But now: I put the Everdrive pack to the modded PC-Engine, turn it on, Menu appears, I press the Select-Button and the game runs perfect ! I press the Everdrive-Reset, flash an other game and it doesn´t work.

So, flashing is the problem. But why ? KRIKzz, what do you think ?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Turbo Everdrive and JP/US Modded PC-Engine
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 03:33 AM »
Modded system stable enough for read memory but not enought stable for write memory. Mods with long extra wires distort signals, so, flash my be written with errors. Mods with IC buffer may work only in read mode and obstruct all outputs from data bus. Also, region modded systems sometimes may hangs randomly. I would not use turbo-ed with region modded system, unstable bus be an cause of some random operations, it may destroy everdrive bios

Offline ConHuevos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:56 AM »
wrong topic

Offline thx1138

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 04:08 AM »
I have a modded pc engine you have to hold down the 1 and 2 buttons when you turn it on with a everdrive in it , you might have to change your region on your pc engine if you get a white screen