Author Topic: How to make MSU-1 Video ROMS? a.k.a. Encode video for playback w/ SD2SNES.  (Read 11001 times)

Offline D2DEZEL

• View Profile
Good evening, I tried for more than five hours to understand how to make the videos but I do not understand. For music in pcm it's easy I saw the tutorial of qwertymodo on youtube. I found this video on youtube it's fake but it's done well: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=57zNV69wVic&list=FLYO8nHdnJqmAM9Iup310swQ&t=2s&index=5

Offline D2DEZEL

• View Profile

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
Hi! I tried to make a short video file, but stumbled upon this problem:

http://joxi.net/8Anbxa3U7YQNRA

Any ideas? I'm a total noob but really want to try this.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Not entirely sure if h264 is usable. Try a small size sample AVI file with your set-up and see if that works.

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
I've used a 3MB and a 6MB avi files for conversion, both attempts failed, showing the same result as in the screenshot link.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
I've seen some people mention that more recent versions of ImageMagick don't work with the tutorial available. I don't know what version you have, but if you don't have the version the tutorial specifies then try that. Double check your commands to make sure they're pointing to the correct paths, run command prompt as administrator etc.

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
Guess that's the reason :(
Sooo uh... Does anyone have that "ImageMagick v6.8", 'cause the version found in the binaries is compilable, not for installation.

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
It works! Thank you, good Samaritan!

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
Well, now the problem is with sound. I followed every step of the WAVtoPCM guide, and still there's no audio. I chose the necessary loop sample, converted with all the right data, ran the wav file through command prompt, got the pcm file, renamed it to my file "ff1234.wav" as per my video file "ff1234.msu", dropped it into the folder, booted my SD2SNES, aaaand... No sound. Should I rename it somehow, or maybe I missed something? I'm very sorry for being too dumb to comprehend all the tricky and not so clear info.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
The PCM needs to have a number assigned to it, and in this case it's "0".

Your video and ROM are named "ff1234.msu" and "ff1234.sfc" respectively, so name your PCM "ff1234-0.pcm".

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
It's all perfect now, thank you Relikk! Btw do you know what to do when video starts crashing to puzzle pieces? Maybe it's because of SD2SNES or something to do with the video file?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
There's a step in the tutorial where you hex edit the MSU (video) file to display at 30 FPS. That artifacting usually occurs when that step hasn't been performed.

Offline Daimler91

• View Profile
You are correct. Edited, now all perfect. Thanks a million, Relikk!

Offline gargmukul121

• View Profile
I am working on automating all the steps as a script. Will post a link to the git repo w/ readme when it's completed.