Author Topic: iQue Games  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Xorn

• View Profile
iQue Games
« on: January 27, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Recently I found a torrent with some iQue Player games. Does Everdrive 64 runs this games? Is possible, just for curiosity, any update runs this games?
Thanks.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: iQue Games
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13 PM »
As far as I've been able to tell, that's most likely the encrypted iQue Player games pack that's out there.  They won't play on the ED64.  They won't play on anything, not even the iQue anymore from what I've read.  If they ever decrypt them, it shouldn't take much (if any work at all) to get them going on the ED64.

This part is just my point of view - I check up on iQue from time to time because I'd love to get my hands on OoT for the iQue.  They shut off the iQue Service not too long ago, which means that you can no longer add games to an iQue.  I believe it also means that even if you have purchased copies of games, you can no longer load them on your iQue.  You're basically stuck with whatever was on your memory card (specialized memory card for iQue only).  The iQue memory card can only hold so many games (not the whole library of them).  Since that happened, it drummed up some more interest in hacking the iQue.  Previously about once a year someone would look into it and then stop.  Even marshallh of 64drive/UltraHDMI fame took a crack at it.  Lately there have been a few people trying, but no visible progress yet.  If it happens, you can bet that there will be a thread here about it :)
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Xorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:28 PM »
Thanks my friend.
iQue is a strange console, but is very interesting. There are some sold in ebay and it was a good acquisition for a game collection.

Offline Jhynjhiruu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Now that the ROMs have been decrypted, yes, some of them work on Everdrive.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 05:20 PM »
What are the differences between a game on the N64, and the same game on the iQue? Or are the games identical, except for (I'd assume) a higher frame-rate on the iQue?

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 08:35 PM »
The games are ... chinese and most of the time the newest rev of the game. Some have slight censoring, too. Aaaaand you cannot save em because they are not 100% N64 compatible. Otherwise... no difference.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 01:41 AM »
At least one game is translated back into English ;)

Completely unrelated - Ocarina of Time iQue is a weird mix between between the 1.2 version and the GameCube versions.  It's mostly 1.2 with a few changes from GameCube and then some changes for the iQue.  They removed the Nintendo 64 intro in a completely different way from the GameCube way.  Oh, and there are two versions of OoT for the iQue.

As for saving, they completely removed the SRAM saving and replaced it with the iQue save system so there is no easy way to put it back.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES