Author Topic: "settings reset to default" after cart change/changing default settings in OS  (Read 2802 times)

Offline fernan1234

• View Profile
I've been enjoying my N8 bought straight from Kirkzz's store, but I'm wondering if there is a way to fix an inconvenience I've been encountering. It looks like every time I change cartridges and reinsert the N8 into the console, or when I take out the SD card, the cart boots to the message "settings reset to default", which in my case forces me to turn back on changed options like A/B swap and save states.

Is there a way to modify the default settings in the OS.BIN file so that even after the settings reset to default they are still what I want them to be, or if there is something I should be doing to prevent the reset in the first place.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Is your battery ok?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline fernan1234

• View Profile
I assume the battery is okay since I got the N8 less than a month ago and probably have used it for less than 30 hours total.

Offline pcfreak324

• View Profile
I assume the battery is okay since I got the N8 less than a month ago and probably have used it for less than 30 hours total.
Your assumption might be incorrect. Even newly delivered Everdrives sometimes come with empty batteries. Try to change the battery and see if you still get this error.

Offline fernan1234

• View Profile
You were right. Changing the battery solved the problem (and also allows me to save games, which I realized was also a problem after making this topic).

Unfortunately when removing the original battery I broke off a small piece of the gray plastic that helps hold the battery in place. Now the fit of the battery is not as snug but hopefully it won't be a problem.