Author Topic: Good cheat device for the snes?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
Good cheat device for the snes?
« on: February 21, 2018, 10:58 PM »
Im going to get a cheat device for the games I have since the sd2snes is a pain to get cheats to work at the moment. Well didn't even try it yet but I got the main idea how to do it.
THe thing is I hear the game genie doesn't play extended chip games like super mario rpg and yoshi's island. Im bummed I wanted to cheat in super mario rpg.
Anyways I hear there are different versions of the gamegenie. WHat one works with any snes model? I think I got the early 2 chip console. I only know this cause RGB isn't so crisp. Thou It should work fine with my super nt.
I remembered about the super ufo and remembered it can play carts on it. Looking at the amazon page it says it allows for cheats. Can you use cheats using your real cart? Does it allow to use the extended chips like super mario rpg, THats if cheats for it even exist. THey may since emulation exists. I gotta look for them and see.
Im going to also get some muilti carts repro's, I hope I don't have any troubles with them. I contacted the guy who makes them and he said that his carts should work fine with the cheat device but he doesn't own one to know for sure. I was thinking, wouldn't it be a different code cause the game has been altered. Meh I hear it may work from other sources.

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
Re: Good cheat device for the snes?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 01:32 AM »
Good thing the super nt has cheats and works with flash carts since it's doing it in real time. TUrn off and on the cheats.