Author Topic: 72 or 60 pin ED?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline ryumishima44

• View Profile
72 or 60 pin ED?
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:44 PM »
Hi Guys, this is my first topic, so let's make it as quick as possible

This week I wanted to get latest OS for my N8, then I found it was detected as a Clone (Pretty good one I have to say, because the only visible difference I found was the holes in the front part as per Krikzz steps, anyway I got it from a friend long time ago)  :(

Well I want to get rid of that thing and get the real deal, so I'm thinking about which version to buy, on 1 side I have the 72 pin that I know works just fine and will like my current one but with the advantage updates have to offer, but I have little knowledge of what the most relevant updates since OS10. On the other hand I have the FC version that I have little knowledge of, does it have any difference from 72 pin one?

I have both FAMICOM and NES consoles(My NES was modded to be able to have the extra sound channels for games like Akumajou Densetsu, at least it works on my current fake ED), I want the device that will allow the most posibilities for me to play lots of games with little effort(Famicom DISK, FM sound, etc..).

Using PIN adapters might have any negative effects?

Thanks in advance

Offline EmperorOfTigers

• View Profile
Re: 72 or 60 pin ED?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:58 AM »
It sounds like to me you would be best buying the 60 pin version as it would work straight away on your Famicom and Krikzz sells a 60 to 72 pin adapter which I believe transfers expansion audio.  That way you get expansion audio on both your consoles and it'll look tidy.

However if you use your NES more then the 72 pin version would be best and then try to get a 72 to 60 pin adapter and mod it to pass expansion audio.

Offline ryumishima44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:48 PM »
What about FM audio?

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:02 PM »
What about FM audio?
All audio is routed the same, including FM.
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.