Author Topic: Is this a legitimate SD2SNES?  (Read 3510 times)

Offline magictoaster

• View Profile
Is this a legitimate SD2SNES?
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Can anyone confirm if this is a legitimate SD2SNES:

https://www.amazon.ca/SD2SNES-Flash-special-Ultimate-Nintendo/dp/B01HYK7MVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518203422&sr=8-1&keywords=SD2SNES

It’s sold by Everdrive-shop and fulfilled by Amazon. I want to be sure that it’s a genuine SD2SNES, and covered by the warranty offered by krikzz. If not I’ll order from another reseller from the official list.

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a legitimate SD2SNES?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Visually it looks like as genuine.
Why don't want to ask the seller whether it's genuine or not?
If the seller tells you it's genuine but will send to you a clone then you can always contact Amazon and fix the problem.
If the store is serious it doesn't make sense for the seller to fool you.

Offline magictoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 01:03 AM »
I've contacted the seller and he confirmed that it is indeed a genuine Krikzz cart and that it should be covered by the warranty.  :) I've also opened the cart and it looks exactly like the pictures of genuine cart revision H.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Can anyone confirm if this is a legitimate SD2SNES:

https://www.amazon.ca/SD2SNES-Flash-special-Ultimate-Nintendo/dp/B01HYK7MVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518203422&sr=8-1&keywords=SD2SNES

It’s sold by Everdrive-shop and fulfilled by Amazon. I want to be sure that it’s a genuine SD2SNES, and covered by the warranty offered by krikzz. If not I’ll order from another reseller from the official list.

I don't get it. You can buy a legitimate SD2Snes brand new from Stoneagegamer for CAD $252 at the current exchange rate, yet you prefer to pay CAD $329 from some unknown seller?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline magictoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 12:54 AM »
I don't get it. You can buy a legitimate SD2Snes brand new from Stoneagegamer for CAD $252 at the current exchange rate, yet you prefer to pay CAD $329 from some unknown seller?

It's quite simple actually: no one had any in stock and the quoted wait time was around 3 to 6 weeks at best pretty-much everywhere I looked.

You have to add about 20$ shipping plus taxes and import duties to the $252 you quoted.

I've contacted one Canadian reseller and never got a reply so Amazon seemed like as good place as any to order since I basically allowed me a full 30 days to test and make sure it was working properly and was a legit item (it's a fulfilled by Amazon item so it can be returned, at no cost, for any reasons).

In the end I got what I wanted for around the same price, with only a 2 days wait.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:58 AM by magictoaster »

Offline babayaga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 01:26 PM »

It's quite simple actually: no one had any in stock and the quoted wait time was around 3 to 6 weeks at best pretty-much everywhere I looked.

You have to add about 20$ shipping plus taxes and import duties to the $252 you quoted.

I've contacted one Canadian reseller and never got a reply so Amazon seemed like as good place as any to order since I basically allowed me a full 30 days to test and make sure it was working properly and was a legit item (it's a fulfilled by Amazon item so it can be returned, at no cost, for any reasons).

In the end I got what I wanted for around the same price, with only a 2 days wait.

well, you don't have to worry about taxes or import duties when it's shipped by krikkz

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:04 PM »
If it's a Rev H, it's likely legit. Chinese-made ones generally use Rev. F since that is the last board schematic to be made open source on the git. That is unless they modified the Rev F to make their own version of the Rev H (as all the changes are public), but I have not seen that yet.

But in the future, I would buy directly from KRIKzz. Also I think KRIKzz just opened an official Amazon store, but I don't think he has the SD2SNES listed yet.
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.