Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 204908 times)

Offline toadhall

• View Profile
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #480 on: April 20, 2018, 12:08 PM »
This thread is getting off-topic. We should stay on the topic of SuperFX development and not discuss wether you should get a Chinese or OG SD2SNES.
Hear hear. Don't feed the trolls (although I guess I'm guilty of that as well.)

I love my SD2SNES even before redguy added super fx support. It does so much over a super everdrive it's just worth the high cost.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:11 PM by toadhall »

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 20, 2018, 12:38 PM »
I got my SD2SNES from the US reseller stone age gamer. I payed around 235 for mine because I got it in black, custom label, and a box. With that said. I absolutely love the bloody thing. It's a godsend. Ikari and Krikzz did a hell of a job making such a wonderful cart. As for people bitching about price my question is why? Would you rather spend thousands of dollars tracking down every single game for the system or just spend over 200 and have a single cart that does the same thing? Not to mention MSU-1 Support, cheats, and so on. Now I know people love collecting also I'm one of them but when money is tight its not feasible to get that money and when you got games like Final Fantasy III/VI, Chrono Trigger, and some others retailing for well over 100 bucks.. Saving up for an SD2SNES was my only option to play a ot of those expensive games again. In the end be happy people took the time to make such a great product to begin with. I hope everybody has a wonderful day and I wish everyone the best. Peace. Oh and one last thing regarding the actual purpose of this thread. Redguy you sir have now been added to what is a trifecta of baddassery that is Krikzz and Ikari. I went through the list of FX games and they all ran wonderfully on both normal and fast speeds. I can't thank you enough my friend. Tested on Rev F v07 of your firmware.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:43 PM by EpicDave »
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 20, 2018, 01:50 PM »
So returning  to theme any news about in game hook return?. I play the snes from 9 meters with the 8bitdo pads.  :-\

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 20, 2018, 03:19 PM »
So returning  to theme any news about in game hook return?. I play the snes from 9 meters with the 8bitdo pads.  :-\
I too am wondering about that. I don't sit quite as far back but It is a convenience thing. Also cheats and all that.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 20, 2018, 03:29 PM »
3. Do you really think sd2snes making cost is 200$? is much much less
Counter question: Do you want to work for free? If you think the manufacturing cost is all that makes up the price you are beyond naive.
Basically, all quality and cost factors aside:
1. you want to fuck me over (and krikzz): buy Chinese. Can't exactly blame you as far as I am concerned. But don't expect any more support or answered questions.
2. you don't want to fuck us over: buy from krikzz.  :P
sd2snes was not open source? i don't understand

also: Q6: Can you sell me an sd2snes?

A6: No. I do not manufacture or sell the hardware.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:48 PM by Arnold101 »

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 20, 2018, 03:44 PM »
It is, but you can't come to somebody's house and shamelessly shit on the carpet.
You're on Krikzz support forum, not china town support forum, president trump would be very upset with you for destroying the economy.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 20, 2018, 03:49 PM »
It is, but you can't come to somebody's house and shamelessly shit on the carpet.
You're on Krikzz support forum, not china town support forum, president trump would be very upset with you for destroying the economy.
so if is open source you can't do anything if a chinese make it, is not a steal like the clone everdrives

president trump would be very upset with you for destroying the economy.
are you  kidding, I hope...  :o
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:26 PM by Arnold101 »

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 20, 2018, 03:58 PM »
When you buy from krikzz you pay for superb quality control before shipment, free of charge replacement warranty for a year, and support forum with the developer himself.
You do not have to buy from krikzz, but please stop pushing the chinese product here on krikzz forum, it is amoral at the least.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline wprpalmeida

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 20, 2018, 04:16 PM »
I have a Chinese SD2SNES that so far has not given me any issues, but that does not mean all Chinese units are perfect. I consider myself lucky. The thing with them is that Quality Control is all over the place, and there would be no one to complain in case (not even here) you get a dud. In order to get one of these, you must bear this in mind.

We know KRIKzz's quality control and customer service is honestly second to none. If my country wouldn't tax me 60% over imported goods I would certainly grab one from him instead of rolling the dice with the Chinese one, and I still plan on getting an original one now that my brother lives in Canada and will visit regularly.

It is also worth noting that the SD2SNES is a grey area when it comes to its morality, as it is open source, but Everdrive clones aren't. KRIKzz keeps his source code closed for a reason, and we should respect that.

EDIT: oh, v07 is working beautifully too, but I have not tested the previous versions
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:20 PM by wprpalmeida »

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2018, 04:23 PM »
When you buy from krikzz you pay for superb quality control before shipment, free of charge replacement warranty for a year, and support forum with the developer himself.
You do not have to buy from krikzz, but please stop pushing the chinese product here on krikzz forum, it is amoral at the least.
i'm not pushing anything. I have several everdrives buyed from here. The last one few days ago. I'm just repling to wrong affirmations..

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 20, 2018, 05:28 PM »
I found a map for doom a guy made two years ago.

I dont have try it.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1663701

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 20, 2018, 05:34 PM »
This topic is for the SuperFX support and its creator redguy.
If you're really interested in the SuperFX support I guess it's much better to help redguy to test it as much as possible and make the final release happen sooner.
This is a very important topic and we don't want to pollute it with off-topic.
If anyone wants to discuss whether SD2SNES is opensource or not please create a separate topic.
Thanks for your understanding!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 05:39 PM by EverDriver »

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 20, 2018, 08:38 PM »
So to recap, was v07 corrected?  I'm just a little unsure about that.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 20, 2018, 10:54 PM »
So to recap, was v07 corrected?  I'm just a little unsure about that.
I've been going through every super fx game on a rev F sd2snes on a non 1 chip snes and have had zero issues with any of them since version 07. From what I can tell they all run great.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 21, 2018, 04:54 AM »
It doesn't even do anything. You can upload it, but you can't download anything. All you can do is create one and download that.
Dotsarecool's menu tool works perfectly. It detects your firmware correctly and creates a downloadable menu.bin. I just used it to create several themes and they're perfect with Redguy's new Super FX core.
*Facepalm* So it's supposed to upload old menu.bins and not let you download new converted versions? That's a neat feature. I've tried this in THREE browsers and it doesn't work. All it says is that 0.1.7E is detected or whatever. The download button doesn't do anything at all. The example immediately below the download page does not change, nor can you preview anything.

In addition to menu.bin you should upload a 256x56 image.