Author Topic: X7 Errors :/  (Read 14801 times)

Offline LDigital

• View Profile
X7 Errors :/
« on: April 05, 2018, 11:33 PM »
I have upgraded from an old version master sd but am having major issues with 2 sd cards that have previously been fine with other everdrives

I am getting sd io error sometimes fat error and ocassionally no error

When I run diagnostic it either crash out or give SDC TEST.... error:0D

Please Help

Offline LDigital

• View Profile
Re: X7 Errors :/
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:35 PM »
Now also F5 error

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 04:32 AM »
Format the SD card to FAT32 using the SD card association tool https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Use the Overwrite format option.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline munnlete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:43 PM »
I'm also getting both of these error messages on diagnostics on two different microSD cards.  Also on restarting, it generally is giving the message that settings are being reset to default. 

Getting a new microSD card soon for further testing. 

Offline LDigital

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 04:36 AM »
Me too, exactly the same, I tried the suggestion above but it makes no difference. Having a bad time so far and have gone back to my og sms ed

Let me know how you get on with a different card

Offline munnlete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55 AM »
Got a new microSD and card and similar issues.   It only works totally properly on my U.S. Master System.   On the Genesis with PowerBase Mini FM, there aren't any "settings reset to default" errors, but the in-game menu doesn't work.   On the the Japanese Master System,  the in-game menu works, but I get plenty of "settings reset to default" errors.   As an FM music fan, the X7 needs to work on one of these systems or it will be a returned Everdrive. 

Offline LDigital

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 09:39 AM »
As we have the exact same setup and issues it appears to be a jp sms compatibility issue. I assume you have done the 1 wire fix also which is pretty standard for these?
My original sms ed works flawlessly with it on os9

Any chance this can be fixed in software krikzz?

Offline LDigital

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:11 PM »
I guess krikzz does not read the forums?

Offline nesfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 01:54 AM »
I have the same problems as munnlete. Japanese SMS, in-game menu works but I get "settings reset to default" every time I return to the menu or power cycle the console.

Also I'm using Omar Cornut's adapter, I have modded it with this mod from this thread:
http://www.smspower.org/forums/13850-SMSEverdriveOnAJapaneseSMSConsole?start=100

Offline munnlete

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I'm using Omar Cornut's adapter as well on the JpSMS.  Still same issue.  Hoping for a software update, but if it doesn't happen soon, I'll be returning it while I still can. 

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Hi guys. At the moment busy with large N8 update, so i checks forums not very often.
I tested mostly with regular US sms and pal sms2. I have  Sega Mark III, but i tried to run on this system only few times. I will try to test cart more with mark III.
As for in-game menu, if it not works on some setups, then it related to console hardware specifics. Genesis with powerbase likely not allow monitoring of controllers state with databus sniffer, and there is nothing to do.

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14 AM »
Japanese Master System (model: MK-2000) is a little different hardware compared to Mark III. It has a BIOS (according to smspower, it is similar to the US BIOS), and also has unique hardware features: built-in FM sound, build-in 3D glasses port, and built-in rapid fire button (in place of "reset" button).

Online Thomu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 10:27 PM »
Hi guys. At the moment busy with large N8 update, so i checks forums not very often.
Do you mean a firmware update or a hardware revision?
Own:EDN8PRO|EDN8|SD2SNESPRO(2)|SD2SNES|MEDPRO|MEDV2(2)|MasterEDX7|EDGGX7|EDGBX7|EDGB|EDGBAX5Mini|EDGBAX5(2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(2)|GCL(3)|WaspFusion(3)|NGPSD(2)|LynxGD|LynxSD|JagSD|Fb+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|MegaSD|EZFlash╬ę(3)
Ordered:HF32|NEOCDSDL
To buy:MB32|New TURBOED

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 01:59 PM »
Do you mean a firmware update or a hardware revision?
OS update for current N8.
I just ordered MK-2000 for testing, it should be delivered in 2-4 weeks. They is so expensive O_O

Offline nesfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Thanks for looking in to it KRIKzz!
Would be awesome to use the Japanese Master System with FM-sound, rather than modifying a PAL Master System with FM-sound.