Author Topic: Worms Armageddon NTSC Save problems  (Read 5433 times)

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
Worms Armageddon NTSC Save problems
« on: April 07, 2018, 01:41 PM »
I have a save problem with this game, it does loose its save files sometimes randomly. As Example: If i have created 4 Teams and try to creat a new one another gets deletet. Other weird things can happen too. Does nobody else have problems with this game?

Offline Shellshocker18

• View Profile
Re: Worms Armageddon NTSC Save problems
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Yeah I had a similar experience back in Janruary 2017. I had played up to single player mission 20, and the team I had been doing that with disappeared deleting all progress. I don't know if this is a game problem or an everdrive problem, but I started copying my team every 2-3 missions or so. That way if 1 disappears you have backups.

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:21 AM »
I have an Everdrive V2 but i dont think that this is the problem.

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:57 PM »
ok, is there a solution for this problem? I tried all sorts of different Versions, its always the same problem in PAL and NTSC

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Can anyone confirm that the problem exists in emulation or on the original cart?
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 09:10 PM »
I know this problem does not exist on the real cartridge, back in 1999 i had a copy of Worms Armageddon and never had any problems. We played it a lot.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:01 PM »
what save type does the game use?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 03:03 AM »
According to micro-64, the save type is 4k EEPROM.  Some games use the controller pak if it is plugged in too.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 05:48 AM »
Had another thought.  Is it possibly an Expansion Pak/Jumper Pak issue?  I'd rather rule out all other possibilities before we go after the ED64 since other possibilities will be easier to troubleshoot and fix.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 11:28 PM »
for some reason this thread has brought back some memories from the old days on the dextrose forums where some people may have had some issues with this game and saving.
 it was a long time ago and maybe the memories are false but for some reason i remember something about worms armageddon from back then.
 there is a good chance the issue is not everdrive 64 related but there is no way to check because the dextrose site is long gone.

edit - i just looked back through threads here and it's possible that i'm remembering reading this thread from 2013 https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.0
 i read so much game related stuff online i sometimes lose tracks of where and when.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:58 AM by butfluffy »

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 08:49 PM »
I read this old thread already, but there are no solutions. I cant believe nobody knows what to do or what exactly the problem is.

i do not think i am the only one who like to play Worms Armageddon :)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 12:57 AM »
The big problem right now is finding out whether the problem exists in the original game on original hardware.  If I can get exactly what the problem is on the original game, and if I can get the problem to happen on an emulator (PJ64 or NEMU), I can start troubleshooting it to find a solution.

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 02:13 AM »
As i said above i had a copy of Worms Armageddon in 1999 and never had save problems. Sometimes if you create a second Team the first one gets deletet, there could not be problems like that in a final Product, its just not possible.

Tried with and without Expansion Pack, no difference.

Has Worms Armageddon Copy protection? Can someone with a Everdrive V3 try to creat 5 teams and see if all are there or not?

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 04:29 PM »
No, I have the original game (PAL) and it did save and load correctly. I didn't play it very often, but when me (or me and my mates) played it (always on my N64) it saved and loaded fine. I don't remember any problems with it.

Lucash24, the best thing you can do is to try and find a way of always triggering the fault. If you can describe how to always make the save file disappear or go bad, then it will be much easier for someone to duplicate the problem on their system and hopefully enable them to track down and fix the problem.

Offline lucash24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 05:05 PM »
Thank you Kerr.
Ok, you have to go to create Teams, after every Team go to edit Team and watch if all Teams are still there. If they are, create another one, sometimes i can create 4 or 5 Teams before one disappears, sometimes after i create the second one the first one disappears already.