Author Topic: SD2SNES keeps asking for time on boot  (Read 806 times)

Offline Monkey

• View Profile
SD2SNES keeps asking for time on boot
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:05 AM »
My SD2SNES asks me to set the time every time it boots.  I've replaced the battery with a brand new one and the problem still occurs.  Any idea why this might happen it's only just started to happen and I've had it about 2 years now.

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES keeps asking for time on boot
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:05 AM »
Maybe the RTC oscillator is stuck somehow. Can you try removing the battery, waiting a couple of minutes, then putting it back in?

Offline Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:41 AM »
Hi ikari_01 I've given it a go and sadly it doesn't seemed to have fixed it.  It's a shame but not a show stopper for using the sd2snes just a bit annoying.

Great product by the way!

Offline roadkill2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 07:08 AM »
This happened to me once. I swapped the battery out with a Sony branded one, haven't had the issue since.
EverDrive N8 / Mega EverDrive X5 / SD2SNES rev. H / EverDrive 64 v2.5 / EverDrive GB X3 Rev. B

Offline foldor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:09 PM »
It's funny, mine just recently started doing this as well. By any chance did you also recently start using the SuperFX beta? Mine started doing it shortly after that. Not saying it's something that broke anything, but it's possible it has a subtle bug?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 11:50 PM »
It's funny, mine just recently started doing this as well. By any chance did you also recently start using the SuperFX beta? Mine started doing it shortly after that.

Same.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 03:41 PM »
Changed the battery in mine and it's keeping the time now. The original is probably just depleted after all this time. I always thought I had a Rev. F, but it turns out I have a Rev. E1, so the original battery has been in my SD2SNES since it was assembled.