Author Topic: Trouble with sram saves  (Read 559 times)

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
Trouble with sram saves
« on: April 20, 2018, 03:13 AM »
hi, everytime i try to save my phantasy star iv file it deletes hours later for some reason. if i power cycle right after i save it's still there but hours later it disappears. i have a mega everdrive v.2 (x7) which i bought in late 2015 and using the latest OS. could this be a battery issue?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:31 AM by sammy555 »

Offline FeverDrive

• View Profile
Re: Trouble with sram saves
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:17 AM »
It seems to be a battery issue. Replace it as soon as possible, you lose nothing.
And so I go fast.

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:00 AM »
Ok, I will try changing the battery when I have a chance. Does the battery also affect save states because even save states are failing me too. I just want to play PSIV  :(

Offline Adrian Gauna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:50 PM »
Ok, I will try changing the battery when I have a chance. Does the battery also affect save states because even save states are failing me too. I just want to play PSIV  :(

When you savestate you should always exit the game and go into SNAP and check the preview of the savestate, it will always show the previous save at first glance, so next go back into the game rom and exit a second time straight away and then check the preview of the SNAP savestate, it should by now have changed to your previous savestate and will remain that way forever unless you manually erase it or savestate over that one again.

If this procedure isn't followed correctly, your game won't save, simply pressing the reset button does nothing either. Also the toolbox has a new ''save to SD'' menu in it, you use this method for the simple reason incase battery back up starts failing.

EEPROM on the other hand only saves by resetting game and then powering off the system.

If none of these work for you then your EverDrive may be faulty because mine is from 2015 aswell and it still operates in top condition even after spamming the crap out of savestates.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 04:32 PM »
You need to go back to menu and force a sram to sd back up until you exchange your battery. This will ensure you won't lose your progress.