Author Topic: Mega Everdrive v1 - SMS Support Not Working with Megadrive MKII  (Read 739 times)

Offline GadgetUK

• View Profile
Anyone come across this?  I just get a black screen no matter what game I select and no matter what region I choose in the options.  I am using OS v9 which works fine for MD and 32X games.  Now I've come to try and play SMS games it just black screens no matter what (reset option disabled, tried switching off megakey etc) - makes no difference at all.

Is the MKII megadrive incompatible?

Offline GadgetUK

• View Profile
Re: Mega Everdrive v1 - SMS Support Not Working with Megadrive MKII
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Solved: It was a bad connection on a trace!  Fixed the trace, all OK =D

Offline GadgetUK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Spoke too soon!  It's intermittant - when warm it seems to work a bit better.  It's like an impedance problem.  I am guessing some MKII revisions have an incompatibility as I have a 2nd unit of the same board revision and that behaves the same way.  MD games work fine though.  These are VA0.  Anyone else find issues with SMS games on OS9 with Mega Everdrive v1?

Offline FeverDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 05:04 AM »
It could be a capacitor problem.
And so I go fast.

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Hello Gadget !

I just can tell you i have a megadrive 2 working with a Mega Everdrive v1 for many years now and i never get any troubles with sms games .

Offline GadgetUK

• View Profile
I sorted this btw!  Long story... Basically there was 2 damaged traces on the MD, which I patched up.  What I didn't think was that one of the tiny wires was inductively coupling with the trace under it.  All I did was move the wire by 0.5mm, so it sits over the trace its patching, and bam - 100% stability with Master System again.  Hard to believe, but logical I guess.