Author Topic: X7 Game Boy Wars 3 incompatibility - one megabit save ram  (Read 2149 times)

Offline bogaman

• View Profile
Game Boy Wars 3 is having save issues with the X7. This is the only official game I know of that uses a 128k save. In my non-expert opinion, the cart is responding like it thinks this should be a 32k max save and only loading part of the data. The old 32k EverdDrive GB worked this way. Since this new EverDrive has 128k of ram, I was surprised to see this happen. The game works great on my el-cheepo, usb 64m smart card (with no other saves on the card only), and drag-n-derp (which all support 128k saves). Any ideas?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: X7 Game Boy Wars 3 incompatibility - one megabit save ram
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 12:48 PM »
Similar to the problem on the GB camera roms?

Offline bogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Good point. The Game Boy Camera also has a 128k save. Perhaps this cart doesn't properly detect this and/or can't use the full 128k of ram for saving. I believe that LSDJ can use 128k of ram when available. Can any users confirm that this works as expected on the new Everdrives?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 02:20 PM »
I think the last person to discuss the GBCamera and 128k issue said it might be fixeable via a firmware update to the EDGBA itself. But who knows?