Author Topic: Everdrive 64 v3 - SD Card Error Code 91, FA, F0, C2  (Read 10226 times)

Offline James-F

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 v3 - SD Card Error Code 91, FA, F0, C2
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 06:38 PM »
More working cards:

Strangely the grey Ultra 48MB/s in the first post doesn't work, but this silver Ultra 80MB/s works great.
The Extreme series (gold) do not work at all.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:31 PM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Grizzmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Hello all,

I'm a new member who just received an ED64 2.5 that I purchased during the Black Friday sale. I thought I had the same problem with SD card compatibility but everything started working properly when I took the ED64 PCB out of the case and placed that directly into my N64. I suspect the real issue is that the case doesn't allow the pins of the PCB to make proper contact. Hope this helps others!

Edit to add a picture of what it looks like.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:39 PM by Grizzmeister »

Offline Entroper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 01:19 AM »
Seems to me a sticky thread with everything known about which cards are compatible and incompatible is called for.   Grizzmeister's post is intriguing but I can neither confirm nor deny, and even if that's the true underlying cause, this is likely to remain a problem that people are asking about.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 08:21 PM »
In my case I've never had any compatibility problems with all the ED64s I've bought over the years including the ones that came with a "Krikzz-made" shell.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline demonseed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 04:38 AM »
I have tried four cards now.. always a black screen.  The ED boots fine with no SD card.  I just bought a 32 gig Kingston card and it too does not work.  I am very frustrated.  I formatted it on my IMAC as FAT.. it does FAT32 I think if GB is larger.. any suggestions? I am so frustrated with this product. Can someone please point me to a working 32 GIG card on eBay and amazon that will work? I would appreciate it very much.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:49 PM by demonseed »

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 09:17 PM »
Please change the PAL/NTSC switch position.
The black screen is not related to the SD card.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 11:40 PM »
The ED boots fine with no SD card.
Does it show the insert SD card message?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Grizzmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 12:24 AM »
I noticed that my local Walmart stores haven't been carrying SanDisk 16 GB SD cards lately so I got kinda spooked and ordered a couple from an eBay seller. The cards just arrived today so I took the opportunity to load the newest OS (V2.13) and I'm happy to report that everything is working fine.

Here's a link to the seller I bought my cards from.

SanDisk 16GB SDHC 

The picture in the listing shows an SDHC card but the two I received are actually SDHC I cards. Nonetheless, I'm not complaining because the one I tested works perfectly.

If you're having a hard time finding an SD card that works with your EverDrive 64 you may want to give this seller a try.

For anyone interested in the details, I'm in the United States so my EverDrive 64 v2.5 is set to NTSC. Oh and another thing, I didn't even format the card when I got it. Just made sure that there was no data on it before loading the OS file and ROMs.

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2020, 08:28 AM »
The issue that some user have with SD Cards isn't clear of what cause most problems.

Please show which SD Cards model and info you guys have working.

The problem is probably a software thing, as my SD card works until I add new roms, then it stops,

Only works with fresh format and never adding content after the first time it boots on EverDrive.

---+----

Edit: this Sandisk 16gb white/Grey 80mbs class 10 sdhc etc. Is the one I use and It glitches out when I add new content, for some reason the bootloader may have problems after the SD card is re-installed on other device.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:15 PM by Junninx »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 12:20 AM »
I'm using a cheap Micro-SD card I bought from Tesco. It's a SanDisk Ultra 64GB, see the enclosed photo for details*. Ignore the scratches on the left hand side of the card, that's from just now, when I had to use a nail file to force the Micro-SD card out of the full size SD card adapter (that came with the micro-SD card), so I could photograph it . And forgive the not great photo quality, my mobile phone is old, and the photo was at maximum zoom, in not brilliant lighting.

The micro-SD card works fine with the Everdrive 64, and doesn't object if I delete or add new roms.

* I can't upload the photo to a website at the moment, so I've enclosed it here as an attachment,