Author Topic: EDN8 OS v20-BETA. Large update incoming  (Read 286754 times)

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
Re: EDN8 OS v20-BETA. Large update incoming
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Check with this software I just discovered, to spot errors on your SD or micro SD card:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows)
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2018, 10:20 PM »
On OSv20beta2 i turned off file sorting, and then formatted sd card and then copied back os+roms, and i still get sd read errors. OSv16 works fine.
Now try to power off/on (not reset) few times till the OS loads.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Check with this software I just discovered, to spot errors on your SD or micro SD card:

Thanks for that, but your link isn't working, as the close bracket symbol isn't included when you click on the link.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 05, 2018, 02:02 PM »

Thanks for that, but your link isn't working, as the close bracket symbol isn't included when you click on the link.

Just google h2testw then.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline co5oos

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2018, 01:19 AM »
On OSv20beta2 i turned off file sorting, and then formatted sd card and then copied back os+roms, and i still get sd read errors. OSv16 works fine.
Now try to power off/on (not reset) few times till the OS loads.

Didn't help, after a few power cycles the OS does load, but opening folders or scrolling trough files gives me read errors. Sometimes i can load a game, sometimes i can't no matter how many times i try.

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2018, 04:53 PM »
around 3 weeks now. this feeling of waiting.
Not rushing put whatever time needed to make it stable.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2018, 06:43 PM »
You bought a product with the features advertised and received said product period.

You were not tricked by the amount of mapers supported at that moment those were explict. It's not incomplete it's the advertised state in the said moment. Which you choose to buy.

You didn't buy a lifetime contract with Krikzz, you do not pay his monthly bills and his work time.

This work, for FREE, is amazing. People with so much reputation in the retroscene are talking about this and thanking Krikzz just like Bob (retrorgb) did in his recently posted video.
sorry..but i don't think so. Example for what are you said...i buyed the cart when it have the boost exp sound mode, now it is removed....so i want it back. For famicom users is obbligatory to have because not all exp mappers have the boost "mod" like castlevania3 mapper

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2018, 07:32 PM »
i buyed the cart when it have the boost exp sound mode, now it is removed....so i want it back. For famicom users is obbligatory to have because not all exp mappers have the boost "mod" like castlevania3 mapper
The external audio setting is on HI permanently now, it is the louder setting between the two.
I don't understand why you still insist on having the LO setting back.
I don't know why I bother replying to your posts... I guess I still have hope for you.  :)
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2018, 07:06 AM »
I had trouble with the audio levels as well in Akumajou Densetsu.  I think it's okay in MMC5 games, though; Just Breed sounded pretty balanced on my system.

This may have already been pointed out, but I believe the MMC3 interrupt timing may be off a bit; the text box in the fan translation of Radia Senki shakes up and down and does some weird stuff.  I know this isn't normal behavior, as I have a custom cart of the game that I hacked together many years ago (sorry, Deja Vu!)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:11 AM by Sarge »
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2018, 08:01 AM »
This may have already been pointed out, but I believe the MMC3 interrupt timing may be off a bit; the text box in the fan translation of Radia Senki shakes up and down and does some weird stuff.  I know this isn't normal behavior, as I have a custom cart of the game that I hacked together many years ago (sorry, Deja Vu!)

I'm not sure if that's the everdrive. A few games I had status at the bottom of the screen shake on AVS, but not on the AV Famicom.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:05 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2018, 07:44 PM »
I'm not sure if that's the everdrive. A few games I had status at the bottom of the screen shake on AVS, but not on the AV Famicom.
I think it has to be.  I'm on a stock NES, and didn't encounter the issue with either my custom cart or the older firmware.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2018, 08:26 PM »
"the text box in the fan translation of Radia Senki shakes up and down and does some weird stuff."

You said in a later post that you're on a stock NES but what I wonder is your stock NES modded with the Hi Def NES kit?

If so you just need to set one of the three despeckle options to stop this shaking.

This happened to me on Super Mario Brothers 3 until I set the despeckle option.

I also couldn't update firmware until I set the despeckle option.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2018, 09:30 PM »
No mods outside of a 47K resistor to enable expansion audio (that I need to replace with a potentiometer eventually).

I may set up a separate SD card to do some testing on versions and see where it changed; I know when I bought the N8, I was on around v13 or so, but I've also updated several times since then.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:32 PM by Sarge »

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2018, 10:33 PM »
2) Gradius AC (Mapper 4 - MMC3) graphics are now broken. Just start a game and you'll see the powerup bar in the middle of the screen

This would seem to indicate something changed with the MMC3 as well.  KRIKzz did mention minor changes in the MMC3, so I think perhaps it broke some other games.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2018, 06:51 AM »
MMC3 was essentially perfect in OSv16.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/