Author Topic: EDN8 OS v20-BETA. Large update incoming  (Read 318842 times)

Offline PalAndreew

• View Profile
Re: EDN8 OS v20-BETA. Large update incoming
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2018, 02:32 AM »
at the moment I think that the EDFC cartridge is in my collection: it's completely finished ...

all I wanted and did not even dream of is working flawlessly ... maybe I just got lucky.

I already said earlier: the game Gimmick! (I play it without saving - again and again, it's cool) plays with a very soft and voluminous sound ...

it's impossible to compare of course with the original ...
but I made many hours and records that would understand-about sounds on Emulators, on the Internet-video and so on

... Krikzz! Many thanks that fixed the Mapper 026.
 I did not expect at all that it would be so fast ...
 by the way.

I'll even say more: I can not ask Krikzz for anything else. until I pass all the games ... thousands of games ... it's impossible to please everyone ... It will take me a long time ... For a very long time ... thanks! thanks again... ;D

I want to please many people who, when launching "exotic" mappers (eg -065,33 and so on) and got "gray screen"   - look for another compilation, from other names ...
the extract of memory dumps of one game, was done by many different people ... if the game did not start : an unsuccessful dump, where at the beginning of the run the error crept up.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:41 AM by PalAndreew »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2018, 03:33 AM »
Another FDS update here: http://krikzz.com/pub/support/var/rc/N8/nesos-v20-rc5.zip
Waiting for James-F verdict (:
I found that i do not halt envelopes during waveform unit halted, and seems like it fixed Ai Senshi. Also make some changes for metroid
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:39 AM by KRIKzz »

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2018, 06:35 AM »
@KRIKzz

Bio Miracle: Pitch two octaves above, FIXED.
Metroid: Random pitch, FIXED.
Ai Senshi: Note envelope, FIXED.

Sounds excellent now, VERY close if not 1:1 like Nestopia.
Well done KRIKzz !!!

* Thanks to Great Hierophant for noticing the Metroid bug hence resulting in KRIKzz making RC5 and not leaving FDS as is. :)

It it is not a hassle, please add more steps to audio balance to accommodate the wider difference between consoles.
On the AV Famicom when FDS is at 50% it is still slightly louder but 40% is much too quiet.
Now that the sound is perfect, volume has to be too. :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:21 AM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Koh1Fds

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2018, 07:34 AM »
"rc4 same as rc5, but but with minor changes in bus controller. rc4 mostly for Koh1Fds, check if something changes for your case"
Hey! In rc4 when Arkanoid controller connected to the system - controller in controller's port still doesn't work, BUT when you turn Arkanoid's wheel counterclockwise in everdrive's menu - it starts previously selected game. That's actually ok solution! ) You have a way to start a game when Arkanoid's controller connected = that's it! Nothing else needed in that situation ) Thank you :)

Load / Save still doesn't work with second controller

edit:
If you interested:
rc4 - turning wheel counterclockwise - starts the game // turning wheel clockwise - menu pops up
rc5 - turning wheel counterclockwise - menu pops up // turning wheel clockwise - menu pops up

edit3: or i'm that stupid and i had to test r4 on famiclone? LUL I don't understand what "bus controller" means LUL This recorded with R4 on famiclone. Looks flawless to me. Those 3 games produces white artifacts the most.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKWJmYLp2o

Also, arkanoid controller with original AV Famicom starts the game only in r4 for some reason or i got lucky wheel turns on r4 and unlicky wheel turns on r5 or something

edit4: and this is how R5 looks like. So yep! Changes in R4 definitely helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2cSPvwupvg
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:32 AM by Koh1Fds »

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2018, 07:42 AM »
I echo James-F's comments and praise.  I also note with approval that the EverDrive now gives the official tournament time for Nintendo World Championships. 

Here are my few observations on issues which may could feasibly be addressed before the final :

In Mega Man 3, the upper right pixel in Magnet Man's portrait border flickers where I do not believe it should on an original cartridge.  OSv16 doesn't flicker there.  I mention it just in case there are other MMC3 IRQ issues.

Mickey's Adventures in Letterland should have the same IRQ timing fix applied to it as to Incredible Crash Dummies I believe to avoid the shaking status bar.

Falsion FDS has an issue where the sound made when you start the game increases in pitch compared to the sound produced by a real FDS. 

Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 24, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Falsion FDS has an issue where the sound made when you start the game increases in pitch compared to the sound produced by a real FDS.
The very last bug in FDS audio on the N8.
Probably the hardest on the modulation and envelope features.

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 24, 2018, 10:47 AM »
The very last bug in FDS audio on the N8.
Probably the hardest on the modulation and envelope features.
Actually, there's still way more FDS audio bugs in the other, more obscure games too. Like Wardner no mori, for example, the walking, climbing, and fire throwing sound effects, don't sound like they do on Nestopia.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 24, 2018, 11:03 AM »
hmm.. I wonder if krikzz fixes FDS bugs per game or globaly.

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 24, 2018, 11:09 AM »
It's probably per game, judging from all the bug reports, since it's sounds so frustratingly difficult to emulate.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:14 PM by Missingno255 »
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 24, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Well, when krikz fixed Metroid, Bio Miracle was also fixed,, so he seems to fix things globaly which is the best way.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:36 AM by James-F »

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 24, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Can the PRG and CHR sizes on the ROM info window be changed to how it is on the Everdrive GB info window? The ones currently on the N8 are stupidly hard for me, and probably other people to figure out. Would make it easier to figure out if a game is going to fit on the cart or not.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:11 PM by Missingno255 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 24, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Fixes was global, not just some specific settings for metroid or bio miracle

Offline fandangos

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 24, 2018, 12:29 PM »
That's just awesome, Krikzz!

Thank you so much for your work and patience!

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2018, 02:09 PM »
2 requests: if volume is true that can be upgraded to 200% please add it. And please add nsf with chip support like Powerpak have. Thanks

Also, where you see the time limit in NWC rom? And can be changed in someway or not?

Are the last 6 mappers difficult to implement? where they were used?  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:21 PM by Arnold101 »

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Actually, there's still way more FDS audio bugs in the other, more obscure games too like Wardner no mori, for example, the walking, climbing, and fire throwing sound effects, don't sound like they do on Nestopia.
From what I can hear only the rope ladder climbing sounds completely different, all other sounds are very close with RC5.
I would assume there are still some pitch modulation inaccuracies in extreme cases.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:30 PM by James-F »