Author Topic: Mickey’s Speedway USA compatibility  (Read 2108 times)

Offline MrKidd94

• View Profile
Mickey’s Speedway USA compatibility
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Will Mickey’s Speedway USA work on the Everdrive 64 v3? Which ROM should I download to unlock Huey?

Offline Shellshocker18

• View Profile
Re: Mickey’s Speedway USA compatibility
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Mickey Speedway does work on Everdrive V3. You need he transfer Pak and a copy of Mickey Speedway USA for the Game Boy Color to unlock him though, doesn't matter what rom you use. And when you turn the game off he goes away so you have to use the transfer Pak again every time you boot up. There is a cheat code using the Xploder64 but you'd have to pay at least $100 for one. And as far as I can find there is no gameshark code for it. I've noticed some transfer Pak content has gameshark codes like Goemon Sugoroku while others like Mickey Speedway don't, I'm not sure why.

It's worth noting that Huey is unlockable in the Japanese version though simply by completing 1 time trial, since the GBC version never came out there. So if you wanted to play the Japanese version you could. It's a pretty easy game to play in Japanese

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Interesting thread. I never knew about unlocking Huey in this game. if Huey appears in the usa version with transfer pak and gameboy game attached i'm sure the code for Huey is contained in the n64 game rom. the fact that Huey is unlockable in the japanese version makes me think that a patch could be made to allow huey to be unlocked and playable in the usa version.
 we would have to ask one of the clever people if they would kindly hack the game and make huey playable. it would be better if Huey still needed to be unlocked though like in the japanese version. unlock goals make games fun.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Just based on the info here just above codes 1-7:

http://www.kai666.com/cheat-codes-n64/mickeys_speedway_usa.htm

It looks like the Xploder64 codes are really just a way to modify the save file.  It might be worth looking around online for a save file with all of these unlocked.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES