Author Topic: ED64 Revision Request  (Read 1288 times)

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile
ED64 Revision Request
« on: June 19, 2018, 05:36 AM »
Krikkz, can you please make an ED64 that functions as an ED64, but additionally has an n64 cartridge slot on top (to put real games)? This is to run our carts with gameshark codes. It's possible to do this on Gameshark but the keycode switching becomes annoying.

Even if the ED64 was $250, I'd easily buy it if it included the 64 cartridge slot on top (and as a bonus, a way to detect the attached game and the patches to apply).

Thanks, and god bless.

May the light of the lord shine on your heart.

Offline MaximusN64

• Everdrive 64 v3
    • View Profile
Re: ED64 Revision Request
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 06:43 AM »
What Iam more concerned is:
1) Give some use to that USB connector! So i can just connect my Everdrive to PC and manage whats on SD, i dont like much removing too often to edit, add some new ROMS or codes quickly im afraid of breaking the mechanism of ejection or something internal hardware.

2) Incorporated Gameshark looks to be limited to just 24 codes...whats makes short for some of my editions, I know Real gameshark has more space to a bunch of codes, and you can put a name to them.

3) If a New Everdrive would be released, im ok with the implementation to insert a real cartdrige on top, just like a Gameshark, what its more, make possible to dump your Game, and Savefile to the PC, SD card.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
Re: ED64 Revision Request
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:56 PM »
What Iam more concerned is:
1) Give some use to that USB connector! So i can just connect my Everdrive to PC and manage whats on SD, i dont like much removing too often to edit, add some new ROMS or codes quickly im afraid of breaking the mechanism of ejection or something internal hardware.

The USB can be used already to load ROMS directly, although it cant be used to manage the file system of the SD, you could have a computer always attached that loads any ROM you choose, however I dont really see the value as an appropriate sized SD card can fit most if not all ROMs available for the system!
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...