Author Topic: Issues with Contra 3 when using SD2SNESbrightness adjustment for 1 chip console.  (Read 3140 times)

Offline VietKongCountry

• View Profile
With -2 brightness, the overhead stages are pitch black and you literally can't see anything except when you pause the game or go to the map. At -1 they are incredibly dark but just about playable. I'm pretty sure the transient fix also makes the top section of the screen where your weapons are disappear, although this may simply be a further side effect of the brightness adjustment. Otherwise, this feature is excellent, but unless it's something specific to my device or I've done something wrong, this likely means there will be other games that don't run properly with this setting. The DKC games in particular look beautiful on a 1 chip without the overblown brightness.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post stuff like this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:12 AM by VietKongCountry »

Offline James-F

• View Profile
Yep confirmed.
Another one that's known is StarFox.

@ikari_01
I should add that StarFox and Contra3 worked well with "1CHIP transient fixes" on RedGuy (Syboxes) BetaV10, but these games are broken on the official 1.8.0 release with only "1CHIP transient fixes" on.
It seems that there is a dependency between "1CHIP transient fixes" and "Brightness limit" which was not there in Syboxes GSU-Beta-v10.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:21 AM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
I have an Analog Super NT, is there a way to disable this feature?

Offline James-F

• View Profile
@the_randomizer

What you don't see it in SD2SNES options screen, or you don't know how to access it?
Both "1CHIP transient fixes" and "Brightness limit" should be disabled by default.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
I commented here https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility/in-game-hook-compatibility that Contra 3 is incompatible with the IGH, it seems to be the same glitch.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
@the_randomizer

What you don't see it in SD2SNES options screen, or you don't know how to access it?
Both "1CHIP transient fixes" and "Brightness limit" should be disabled by default.

I wasn't sure, as I don't want them on on the Super NT, that's all, but IDK how to access them

Offline Rimboeloper

• View Profile
I have the same problem with the Contra 3 game. When I put the ROM file in to mine FXPAK Pro, the game seems to work fine. However, when I enter the second level of the game Contra 3, the monitor screen suddenly switches to black. Indeed it seems to be a problem with the brightness settings. What can I do to solve that problem?

I'm using the everdrive FXPAK Pro on an original European SNES console that works on the PAL videosystem. The console is connected to a Sony CRT monitor, type KX-14CP1. I would be sorry if I can't play Contra 3 on mine FXPAK PRO. This because I think it's a really cool shooter.
The everdrives I own and bought by Stone Age Gamer in Salem (Massachusetts- United States): EverDrive-N8 Pro, FXPAK Pro and EverDrive64 X7.