Author Topic: Anyone else have truble playing some rom hacks?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
Anyone else have truble playing some rom hacks?
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:20 PM »
IDK. i got the latest smokmonster gb pack for the x7 rev A. it seems some hacks don't play on my gba. like metroid 2 gbc hack and some pokemon one's just some i tried. maybe they worked on a gbc or something or the old gb everdrive. I get the same issue with the gb player for the cube. I tried pokemon black which is just a gb game and get the same issue with my normal GB.
Tried those roms on higan and still does the same thing, but they work fine with VisualBoyAdvance.
I dought that it's a bad download since most of the games work other then those hacks and some hacks actually work.
I only made this topic knowing that the smokemonster pack is picked and tested to work on real hardware. Anyone know whats going on or did he just put a bunch of roms this time and dumped them all in a folder.
The group that puts the smokemonster packs are awsome anyhow.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have truble playing some rom hacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:45 PM »
There were some original GBC games that weren't compatible with the GBA, so in this case being hacks I think the probability is higher.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:12 AM »
some of the color hacks only work on emulators. There is a Metroid 2 hack ("Metroid 2 DX", if I remember correctly) that works on real hardware and another one that doesn't. I noticed some of the seperate categories in smokemonster sets often have roms that don't work on real hardware. Still nice packs, though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:15 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:44 PM »
meh just went throu the pack with hi gan. then checked again on real hardware. put it a folder called not working. took around half hour. There is prob around 10 roms not working in each hack folder, for gb and gbc. it's not a big deal. maybe i missed some cause i used higan first to make it quicker.