Author Topic: Future Wireless Controllers?  (Read 6095 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Future Wireless Controllers?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 03:18 PM »
At the moment i have plans to make snes and nes controllers

Sick!!

Krikzz, are there any differences in input lag/latency between your Joyzz and the 8bitdo offerings?

Can't say for sure about 8bitfo lags, i did not tested their controllers.  I think that any bluetooth controller likely will have larger input lag than native rf device, but if BT device paired with proprietary receiver, input lags should be small enough to not be notable. Situation may changes drasticaly when we will use BT controller with third party receivers, build-in BT in phones or PC USB dongle, for example.
Console reads controllers and refresh screen every 16ms, any lags values below this threshold will not be notable for sure, even if you have blast reaction (:

A SNES controller sounds great. But first: Do you still consider making a PC adapter for the MD pad? Would be great for emualation.

Yes, i will made usb-receivers for pc

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Great. I'm really looking forward to the USB receiver.  ;D

Offline YukiS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 10:50 PM »
Would a N64 controller ever be possible?
It should be possible since Retro-Bit used to make the Wireless Hypermode Controller (not to be confused with the 8bitdo x Retro-Bit Bluetooth N64 Controller which can't be used with an actual N64) but it didn't support rumble because the Controller Pak port was on the receiver rather than the controller. It'd be amazing to see a wireless N64 controller that addressed this issue, and getting rid of the janky turbo switches would be a bonus in my mind.

Also +1 for a Saturn adapter for the Joyzz if this is possible - I plan on buying one anyway for my Mega Drive once they're back in stock.

Offline glassjester

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 04:37 AM »

It should be possible since Retro-Bit used to make the Wireless Hypermode Controller

I have one of those - the joystick is horrible! The controller is pretty much useless. Hopefully if they ever remake a bluetooth version, they'll give it a decent joystick.

Offline archimage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 12:44 AM »
+1 for usb receiver and +1 for sega saturn controller

Krikzz, can you please make the pad compatible with more DB9 devices ? Maybe mayflash usb adapters or UD-USB for superguns ? C64, Amiga, Atari, MSX, Vectrex... there are plenty of things that your controller could achieve with this receiver.

Offline Mblack1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 02:41 PM »
Hello,
something that no compagny have ever done but i'm convinced that a lot of retrogamer dream about it is a wireless pc engine - turbografx 16 - supergrafx - pcfx controller.
It would be amazing !!!
I hope you'll do this krikzz

Offline Torgod13

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 11:49 PM »
How about a good ColecoVision controller!!!!!  Ya.. I know... Fat chance.

Offline galvatron1983

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 03:21 AM »
+1 for the wireless MD Joyzz to work with other DB9 systems, especially Amiga!

+1 for a wireless Turbografx/PC Engine pad!

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 04:18 AM »
+1 for wireless PC Engine controller
+1 for wireless Saturn controller

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Other than SNES/Genesis probably the most sensible (from a business standpoint) future wireless controllers krikzz should make are PS1 and PS2 wireless controllers and possibly an N64 wireless controller also, but preferably only if krikzz thinks he can do a decent analog stick for it ala something close or better than the Retrofighters Brawler 64 modernized wired N64 controller.

Anyway before anyone says it I know PS2 has some wireless controller options out there one I believe being official and the other having been made by Logitech, but I still think there is room for more and hopefully if krikzz takes up such a project for the Sony consoles it will be a controller that works on both PS1 or PS2 interchangeably (so we don't have to buy doubles) and has the standard Sony controller design.

I say that because Logitech had a different design that although I found comfortable its possible some people won't but even if they do they may still prefer the original controller design anyway.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:31 AM by protheanbeacon »
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Rev. Noch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 04:43 PM »
Hello,
something that no compagny have ever done but i'm convinced that a lot of retrogamer dream about it is a wireless pc engine - turbografx 16 - supergrafx - pcfx controller.
It would be amazing !!!
I hope you'll do this krikzz

I completely agree for the PC Engine controller. Those are damn expensive for the vanilla 2 button OEM wired controllers in the secondary market. Let alone the Avenue 6 or Hori Fighting commander...