Author Topic: Just getting a black screen  (Read 1572 times)

Offline kreek123

• View Profile
Just getting a black screen
« on: July 26, 2018, 09:41 PM »
So, I'm at a loss here. When I first got my SD2SNES, I popped it into my SNES, fired it up, and it worked great. No issues. Worked for several days. Then one day, I turned it on and could get nothing but a black screen. All other game cartridges worked fine. Tried to do some Googling and all I could find was to possibly do a cap job. So I did. I replaced all electrolytics in the SNES. I repair antique radios and televisions as a hobby, so I have no doubt about the quality of the work I did. Still getting a black screen on power up. So, just to be sure, I bought a new SNES off of ebay. It was a newer revision of the SNES. Turned it on, and the SD2SNES worked great! I was happy. I figured there must be something else wrong with my original SNES. Later that same day, after turning the machine on and off several times, it again would do nothing but a black screen. Tried running the diagnostics firmware. First time, it appeared to be doing something, I could see the lights flashing, then it stayed at a solid green light and never did anything else. So I powered it off and tried again. The second time, it behaved as the instructions said it would. Screen flashing the different colors and everything. Took out the SD card with the diagnostic firmware and went back to the official firmware, worked fine, played games for a few hours no problem. The next day, black screen. So, I did a cap job on this second SNES too. No change. Still just a black screen. I have tried multiple SD cards, and no difference. I have tried firmware versions 0.1.7e, and 1.8.0, both behave the same. I bought this from krikzz at the Everdrive store on May 30th, and received it about a week later, but can't use it. Please help!
P.S. I forgot to mention, I have cleaned the cartridge slot on both machines several times, and even bought a couple used 62 pin connectors from ebay, but that has made no difference.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Just getting a black screen
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Your SD2SNES could be defective, I suggest you to send it back to Krikzz for repairs/exchange.
https://krikzz.com/store/contact-us
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL