Author Topic: It IS physically possible to emulate the SA-1 on the SD2NES!  (Read 13302 times)

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: It IS physically possible to emulate the SA-1 on the SD2NES!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46 PM »
Well, yeah. Obviously. Which is why I said "I hope he can".

Offline opt2not

• View Profile
Re: It IS physically possible to emulate the SA-1 on the SD2NES?
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2018, 12:01 AM »
I couldn't watch it, was there any footage of Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius? ^^;
There sure was and from what I can tell it ran great. I love that game.

Nice. I hope he can find a way to fit MSU1 into his core, as myself and PepilloPEV are working on an MSU1 version of the game using the PS1/Saturn soundtrack.

If it doesn't fit with SA-1, it's not really worth stressing over being implemented; SA-1 > MSU-1 as far as priority IMO.  Let him implement that first.
Or we can just let him decide what he wants to spend his time on, since you know, he's actually doing the work.  ;) 
We are just incredibly lucky that there is someone supporting special implementation of these chips, so lets try not to make any demands ok?

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
Re: It IS physically possible to emulate the SA-1 on the SD2NES?
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2018, 01:05 AM »
I couldn't watch it, was there any footage of Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius? ^^;
There sure was and from what I can tell it ran great. I love that game.

Nice. I hope he can find a way to fit MSU1 into his core, as myself and PepilloPEV are working on an MSU1 version of the game using the PS1/Saturn soundtrack.

If it doesn't fit with SA-1, it's not really worth stressing over being implemented; SA-1 > MSU-1 as far as priority IMO.  Let him implement that first.
Or we can just let him decide what he wants to spend his time on, since you know, he's actually doing the work.  ;) 
We are just incredibly lucky that there is someone supporting special implementation of these chips, so lets try not to make any demands ok?

I know, I know, just saying that SA-1 would be better all around, MSU-1 is merely a novelty IMO, nothing more.

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2018, 02:21 AM »
My question for Smokemonster, ikari01, The Randomizer or any other knowledgeable people who know about all this coding stuff on a deep level is...

Could it somehow jeopardize the further development of Redguy's SA-1 core if he were to release to us all what he has now that Smokemonster got to play around with?

Judging by Smoke's video we'd all get to have some good fun with the Kirby games and or Super Mario RPG (if thats your thing) should Redguy release a beta of what he has now to us.

Anyway though as always good work Redguy, we all appreciate what you're doing for the community basically free of charge, but I am as anxious as everyone else to play the SA-1 games that now apparently work when touched by your code so hopefully you release a beta to us soon.

I understand though if you want to go the perfectionist route and only make a release "when its done" this time.  :P
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 04:43 AM »
The main problem with releasing to the public right now is being able to weed out the noise generated by a public release.  When releasing something to a small group of people, it's a lot easier to collect feedback and reproduce bugs, unexpected side effects, etc.  It's a lot easier to listen to two or three voices talking to you than it is thousands of voices.

If there are still some bugs in the current state and it's released to the public, you'll suddenly have hundreds or thousands of "voices" talking about things.  That makes it really difficult, if not just annoying, to address those reports, or even verify if they are real.  (remember, trolls will exist whether you want them too or not). 

Based on the work redguy has done, he is obviously very proficient at coding and it'll happen when it happens. 

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Just wait for his full release, I really doubt it will be more than a week or two, given his track record.  Again, my main wants are compatibility and game saving.

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2018, 08:18 AM »
I wouldn't want him to rush a release... we've waited long enough for SA-1 waiting a bit more aint gonna kill no one.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Judging by Smoke's video we'd all get to have some good fun with the Kirby games and or Super Mario RPG (if thats your thing) should Redguy release a beta of what he has now to us.

Anyway though as always good work Redguy, we all appreciate what you're doing for the community basically free of charge, but I am as anxious as everyone else to play the SA-1 games that now apparently work when touched by your code so hopefully you release a beta to us soon.

I understand though if you want to go the perfectionist route and only make a release "when its done" this time.  :P

Redguy said there would be a beta release, just didn't say when.

Will there be a beta?
- Yes.

When will the beta be released?

When will it be done?

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2018, 03:51 AM »
Looks good enough to make a beta release to me.  After all, he made several releases of the FX core.  But if not, I can surely wait.  I'm sure there's a good reason why it isn't out just yet.

Offline cybercylon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2018, 06:14 AM »
It's up to RedGuy when he feels it is ready to be released. As a post above said, I think he is better off keeping that list pretty small.

I assume "MSU fitting, not fitting" means it is possible that we won't have Super Mario RPG with orchestrated music running off of the SD2SNES anytime soon... I assume support for the extra chips is only called upon when needed.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2018, 06:21 AM »
It's up to RedGuy when he feels it is ready to be released. As a post above said, I think he is better off keeping that list pretty small.

I assume "MSU fitting, not fitting" means it is possible that we won't have Super Mario RPG with orchestrated music running off of the SD2SNES anytime soon... I assume support for the extra chips is only called upon when needed.

SA-1 is far more vital than MSU-1, just saying.

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2018, 07:30 PM »

It is. MSU1 is nice but it's a novelty. Playing Mario RPG is much more important to me than having remixes of the original songs or orchestrated versions. (Which I do love BTW)

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2018, 09:11 PM »

It is. MSU1 is nice but it's a novelty. Playing Mario RPG is much more important to me than having remixes of the original songs or orchestrated versions. (Which I do love BTW)

Honestly, I can think of two MSU-1 hacks that are legitimate improvements: Rock 'n Roll Racing (with the actual songs) and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (with the NES music). SMRPG... not so much.

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2018, 01:36 AM »
A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, many games are cool with the new music but most of the time it feels out of place. (not because of MSU but because the music used isn't made to be played ingame.)

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2018, 02:04 AM »
The public beta is out: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.0

Three cheers for Redguy 8)