Author Topic: sa1 support [work in progress]  (Read 60666 times)

Offline redguy

• View Profile
Re: sa1 support [work in progress]
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 05:30 PM »
sa1 v04
----------
See first post for the link to the latest version: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.msg61986#msg61986

This fixes some reset bugs and the beetle game scoring in smrpg.  It also adds some limited in-game hook support.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 05:38 PM »
sa1 v04
----------
See first post for the link to the latest version: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.msg61986#msg61986

This fixes some reset bugs and the beetle game scoring in smrpg.  It also adds some limited in-game hook support.

Thank you so much for your hard work 8)

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 05:59 PM »
sa1 v04
----------

Man, you are crazy good.  Thank you for working on this for all us random people who you have never met and may never meet.  However, I think I owe you a brew if I ever run into you IRL.   8)

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Thx again redguy for the update.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Amazing.

Incidentally, I was testing Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius for a few hours last night on v03. I did make a comparison video where I ran attract mode until it made it through all four demos on both the cart and SD2SNES. However, it ended up being pretty boring: SD2SNES was just a few frames behind at the end of the 13+ minutes. I would say that's acceptable. :P

Also, I'm now pretty sure the slowdown when you max out your weapons (at least with Soitsu) is an issue on the real cart as well. I say "pretty sure" because I didn't do a side-by-side comparison, but it seems to be a similar level of slowdown, and is somewhat mitigated by a couple manual speed ups. So good job.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2018, 03:42 AM »
Thanks for the updates redguy, can't wait to see this in the official release.

Offline Turbo-Duo

• View Profile
GNEXT program's miss
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2018, 05:29 AM »
GNEXT program is wrong!

I made program correct.
[url][akiba.geocities.jp/turbo_duo16/xips/newcannonball.zip/url]

Owing to Mr.redguy's works,we can play true GNEXT!

Offline josete2k

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2018, 12:12 AM »
Hello fellow SD2SNES owners.  I admit I haven’t had time to test the new beta as thoroughly as Super FX beta firmware but I have the newest beta and so far so good.  Even in game hook worked on SMRPG.  I randomly tried playing Super MARIO Kart and it just hangs at the Nintendo logo.  Other Roms seem to work and this rom has worked flawlessly in the past.  Anyone else have issues with other Roms?  Using a 2-chip Super Famicom if it matters.

Try to place a dummy file (e.g. "Mario Kart.msu") in the same directory as your ROM (and with the real filename of the ROM). It can have any contents or even 0 bytes.

If it works, you can use the fpga_base.bit provided in the last message on this topic.

https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/issues/104

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:14 AM by josete2k »

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2018, 03:57 AM »
I randomly tried playing Super MARIO Kart and it just hangs at the Nintendo logo.  Other Roms seem to work and this rom has worked flawlessly in the past.

You probably made the same mistake I've made in the past when updating to new firmware ie you likely deleted your entire SD2SNES folder or reformatted the SD card and forgot to redownload the DSP1 chips.

http://caitsith2.com/snes/dsp/

You can find them at this link as Mario Kart and Pilot Wings won't run without them.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2018, 08:11 AM »
I randomly tried playing Super MARIO Kart and it just hangs at the Nintendo logo.  Other Roms seem to work and this rom has worked flawlessly in the past.

You probably made the same mistake I've made in the past when updating to new firmware ie you likely deleted your entire SD2SNES folder or reformatted the SD card and forgot to redownload the DSP1 chips.

http://caitsith2.com/snes/dsp/

You can find them at this link as Mario Kart and Pilot Wings won't run without them.

You were right on the money.  I have no idea how I deleted the .bin files.  Put them back on and all is good.  Bonehead mistake.  Thanks for the help.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38 PM »
Been testing version 4:

- Kirby's Dream Land 3
- Super Mario RPG
- Kirby Superstar

Still running perfectly  8)

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2018, 04:47 AM »
on version 3 kirby super star USA version had horizontal lines of glitched pixels that would appear at random on kirby and the left side of screen. On v4 its worse. The lines appear more frequent and numerous in locations. It doesn't make the game unplayable just slightly annoying. Other than those slight issues it runs fine.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2018, 09:53 PM »
on version 3 kirby super star USA version had horizontal lines of glitched pixels that would appear at random on kirby and the left side of screen. On v4 its worse. The lines appear more frequent and numerous in locations. It doesn't make the game unplayable just slightly annoying. Other than those slight issues it runs fine.

What hardware are you using?

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2018, 10:13 PM »

What hardware are you using?

a non 1 chip north american snes.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline ThiagoRibeiro

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2018, 06:13 AM »
sa1 v04
----------

Thanks for your AWESOME work, man!

During my tests I'm facing a little issues with Dragon Ball Hyper Dimension... The Freeza vs Goku demo battle is freezing the screen (the music continues normally), and the same issue happens in story mode too, before a fight with the same characters (the second battle in story mode).

-SNES Fat Pal-M (Brazilian)
- SD2SNES rev. F with latest FW and SA1 v4
- Unmodded Japanese rom
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:59 PM by ThiagoRibeiro »