Author Topic: sa1 support [work in progress]  (Read 56729 times)

Offline josete2k

• View Profile
Re: sa1 support [work in progress]
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2018, 11:09 AM »
sa1 v04
----------
See first post for the link to the latest version: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.msg61986#msg61986

This fixes some reset bugs and the beetle game scoring in smrpg.  It also adds some limited in-game hook support.

Thanks for your AWESOME work, man!

During my tests I'm facing a little issues with Dragon Ball Hiper Dimension... The Freeza vs Goku demo battle is freezing the screen (the music continues normally), and the same issue happens in story mode too, before a fight with the same characters (the second battle in story mode).

-SNES Fat Pal-M (Brazilian)
- SD2SNES rev. F with latest FW and SA1 v4
- Unmodded Japanese rom

Same here.

Jap->Fra patched rom
PAL header (50Hz)
SNES 1CHIP PAL (supercic)

REV E - > REV H SD2SNES

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Everything is fine here with DBZ-HD on a 3chip and 1chip NTSC consoles.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Prock78

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2018, 07:16 PM »
sa1 v04
----------
See first post for the link to the latest version: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.msg61986#msg61986

This fixes some reset bugs and the beetle game scoring in smrpg.  It also adds some limited in-game hook support.

Thanks for your AWESOME work, man!

During my tests I'm facing a little issues with Dragon Ball Hiper Dimension... The Freeza vs Goku demo battle is freezing the screen (the music continues normally), and the same issue happens in story mode too, before a fight with the same characters (the second battle in story mode).

-SNES Fat Pal-M (Brazilian)
- SD2SNES rev. F with latest FW and SA1 v4
- Unmodded Japanese rom

Same here.

Jap->Fra patched rom
PAL header (50Hz)
SNES 1CHIP PAL (supercic)

REV E - > REV H SD2SNES

Doesn't it freeze because you play in 50Hz a game supposed to run in 60Hz?
I've tried this game too and didn't experience any problems.
- English patched Japanese rom
- modded PAL console with super CIC
- running the game in 60Hz
I'll try running it in 50Hz to see if I get the problem

Offline redguy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2018, 07:24 PM »
sa1 v05
----------

This fixes a reset bug when using the console reset button to restart the game.  I also tried rewriting a part of the code that had known timing bugs.  Hopefully this reduces the chance it will crash, but I may have also introduced new bugs.

The visual glitches in Kirby Super Star is a known bug and, unfortunately, looks like a bug in some consoles and not the sd2snes sa1 implementation.  Somehow a real cart works around it.  I'll have to see if I can find a way to do that on the sd2snes, too.

I'm getting a pal console soon.  Hopefully that helps with reproducing some of these bugs.

Offline josete2k

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Everything is fine here with DBZ-HD on a 3chip and 1chip NTSC consoles.

I played fine until Freeza VS Goku battle.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Keep it up Redguy. Would be great to get a Q&A setup about this experience once things settle down.
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline randomronn

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2018, 07:38 PM »
sa1 v05
----------

This fixes a reset bug when using the console reset button to restart the game.  I also tried rewriting a part of the code that had known timing bugs.  Hopefully this reduces the chance it will crash, but I may have also introduced new bugs.

The visual glitches in Kirby Super Star is a known bug and, unfortunately, looks like a bug in some consoles and not the sd2snes sa1 implementation.  Somehow a real cart works around it.  I'll have to see if I can find a way to do that on the sd2snes, too.

I'm getting a pal console soon.  Hopefully that helps with reproducing some of these bugs.

Thanks for the constant updates and hard work!

Will test this version when I get home tonight. :)

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2018, 12:06 AM »
sa1 v05
----------

Keep up the good work; been testing this on an Analogue Super NT, version 3.5; have had zero issues whatsoever.

Offline bak_hs

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2018, 11:46 PM »
Not sure if this bug has been reported yet but was playing Super Mario RPG last night, saved turned off console then turned it back on and the saves were wiped

Offline olivil

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2018, 01:00 AM »
Not sure if this bug has been reported yet but was playing Super Mario RPG last night, saved turned off console then turned it back on and the saves were wiped

Which version were you running? v05?

Offline Svin83

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2018, 03:33 AM »
Great stuff. Thanks for making my Great SD2SNES even better :) I have only seen minor slowdowns in some SA-1 roms on my SD2SNES. I'm plaiyng on an imported Japanese SFC. PM if you want me to test or report.

Offline ShyBry

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2018, 05:46 AM »
First off, thanks for all you've done Redguy!

Here's a very minor issue that's hard to notice. Marvelous sometimes has some pixels on the right side of the screen, scrolling up or down, mostly white and gray but sometimes colored. Seems like it's in the overscan region, and it's not visible when connected to a couple different TVs (one CRT, one LCD). But when going through an XRGB3 it's visible when playing Marvelous via SD2SNES... sometimes, seemingly depending on whether a new game is started, or if save games at certain locations are loaded. I've been able to most consistently reproduce it by starting a new game and mashing the A button through the intro until getting to the tent.

So, most people probably wouldn't notice, and doesn't seem to impact gameplay in any way. But it's different from an original cartridge with which I've been unable to reproduce the issue.

This has been happening with a SHVC-CPU-01 (I guess people call this a 3chip? SD2SNES menu calls it 1/1/1) and SA-1 firmware v05, v04, and v03. Attached photos are from v05.

Offline Spoonman

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2018, 06:11 AM »
I randomly tried playing Super MARIO Kart and it just hangs at the Nintendo logo.  Other Roms seem to work and this rom has worked flawlessly in the past.

You probably made the same mistake I've made in the past when updating to new firmware ie you likely deleted your entire SD2SNES folder or reformatted the SD card and forgot to redownload the DSP1 chips.

http://caitsith2.com/snes/dsp/

You can find them at this link as Mario Kart and Pilot Wings won't run without them.

You were right on the money.  I have no idea how I deleted the .bin files.  Put them back on and all is good.  Bonehead mistake.  Thanks for the help.

I did the same thing too. :P
I wiped out the dir just to make sure I didn't have old files interfering with anything, then downloaded the official FW, then the SA-1 beta.

I just had a quick question.

So I see:
dsp1.bin
dsp1b.bin
dsp2.bin
dsp3.bin
dsp4.bin
st0010.bin
st0011.bin

but st0011.bin does not exist, only the little endian rom version. Will this matter?

Also, should I add these back?
bsxbios.bin
bsxpage.bin
cx4.bin (or is it now fpga_cx4.bit?)
SGBCPU.BIN (something to do with Super Game Boy?)
SGB-CPU.BIN (same...)

Thanks... and a super-sized thank you to Redguy, as always!  :D

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2018, 07:42 PM »
copy v1.8.0 on your SD cart and THEN the sa1 update. Then your question will be answered

Offline Spoonman

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2018, 06:22 AM »
copy v1.8.0 on your SD cart and THEN the sa1 update. Then your question will be answered

Of course I had done that. I'm actually pretty good at following directions, and have always first read the README.NNO (text) before doing anything since the 80's.

In this case it says:
* Verify you have a working copy of the base 1.8.0 firmware before applying the sa1 changes.
Done.

"sd2snes_firmware_v1.8.0.zip" contains the following files:
bsxpage.bin
firmware.img
fpga_base.bit
fpga_cx4.bit
fpga_gsu.bit
fpga_obc1.bit
menu.bin

and sd2snes_sa1_v05.zip contains:
firmware.img
fpga_sa1.bit

Neither of which answers my original questions, which to reiterate, was:

"but st0011.bin does not exist, only the little endian rom version. Will this matter?

Also, should I add these back?
bsxbios.bin
bsxpage.bin
cx4.bin (or is it now fpga_cx4.bit?)
SGBCPU.BIN (something to do with Super Game Boy?)
SGB-CPU.BIN (same...)"