Author Topic: sa1 support [work in progress]  (Read 55073 times)

Offline Highblade7777

• View Profile
Re: sa1 support [work in progress]
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2018, 03:02 PM »
Admittedly, I am still on V4 but I did run into the lost save issue with Mario RPG.  Oddly enough it seems no other saves on the card have been affected.  I'm going to pull the card tomorrow and see if the save files are corrupted or just missing.

Offline josete2k

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Yesterday I played the Story mode of Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension (French translated rom) and finished it without any issues with SA-1 v6. Have you tried with another rom?

Yes, same issue.

They're random freezes.

Now I've played until the GokuVSPerfectCell match and the game hangs on with music but no image before the fight.

My cart needs the ikari's mod for proper sram working (0.1.7d onwards) so maybe both issues are related... or not...

https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/issues/104

Slowly sram maybe?

Kirby and Mario RPG seem are working with no issues.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:42 PM by josete2k »

Offline Brirec

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2018, 06:52 AM »
This is just amazing to me. Redguy is doing things that I thought would never happen, and it’s amazing. The first time I play Super Mario RPG will be on a real SNES on a Sony CRT, and I couldn’t have done it without you...unless I was willing to go bankrupt.

Thank you so much!

Offline FartPuff

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2018, 04:59 AM »
Redguy, you are an ass kicker.
EverDrive N8 / SD2SNES ( Rev H ) / SNES collection

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2018, 08:50 PM »
I’ve updated my SD2SNES with each release and currently on V.06 and all game saves are intact on SA-1 games and in game hooks are working.  Red guy saved me more money than Geico could by not having to buy the carts for these SA-1 games.  I think SF Alpha 2 might be the last licensed US release game to be 100% complete.  Thank you again for your time and effort to bring a lot of joy to the community.

Offline Highblade7777

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2018, 04:14 PM »
Just an update, on v6 so far all my saves are holding.  Going to try to make it through Mario RPG.

Offline roadkill2

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2018, 09:55 AM »
I’ve updated my SD2SNES with each release and currently on V.06 and all game saves are intact on SA-1 games and in game hooks are working.  Red guy saved me more money than Geico could by not having to buy the carts for these SA-1 games.  I think SF Alpha 2 might be the last licensed US release game to be 100% complete.  Thank you again for your time and effort to bring a lot of joy to the community.

I agree. When I bought the SD2SNES this year, I didn't think it would essentially pay for itself with all the great updates it has received in 2018. I can now play every SNES game on one cartridge on real hardware which I never thought would ever be possible when I first bought a Super EverDrive back in 2013. As for Street Fighter Alpha 2, I am willing to play it if it is implemented but I really don't need to since I have Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for the PS2.
EverDrive N8 / Mega EverDrive X5 / SD2SNES rev. H / EverDrive 64 v2.5 / EverDrive GB X5 Rev. B

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2018, 08:04 PM »
"I am willing to play it if it is implemented"

A programmer named Magno has essentially finished the S-DD1 chip/core (whatever you want to call it) and has said he's currently in talks with ikari01 (the SD2SNES creator) about implementing his work into our beloved flash cart, so it looks like you and I and everyone else thats interested, will get to play this game on SD2SNES at some point.

I just can't tell you exactly when that will be, but hopefully ikari or magno himself updates us here about it at some point.  :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:07 PM by protheanbeacon »
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline roadkill2

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2018, 04:34 AM »
"I am willing to play it if it is implemented"

A programmer named Magno has essentially finished the S-DD1 chip/core (whatever you want to call it) and has said he's currently in talks with ikari01 (the SD2SNES creator) about implementing his work into our beloved flash cart, so it looks like you and I and everyone else thats interested, will get to play this game on SD2SNES at some point.

I just can't tell you exactly when that will be, but hopefully ikari or magno himself updates us here about it at some point.  :P

Awesome. I don't care what the haters out there say, I would play Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the SNES without hesitation even with its loading times. I always to like play amazingly accomplished ports (such as RE2 for the N64, SNES Doom, Virtua Racing for the Sega Genesis, and Virtua Fighter for the 32X).
EverDrive N8 / Mega EverDrive X5 / SD2SNES rev. H / EverDrive 64 v2.5 / EverDrive GB X5 Rev. B

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Why bother with SDD-1 at all when you can just patch both games to not use the chip? Seems like a waste of resources to emulate it just for two games.

Offline wprpalmeida

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Why bother with SDD-1 at all when you can just patch both games to not use the chip? Seems like a waste of resources to emulate it just for two games.

wait, can you patch street fighter alpha 2?

Online dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2018, 10:59 PM »
Well, if he can... maybe he should do so ^^ Otherwise maybe he should be happy for any working ORIGINAL ROM. Who cares about some ugly hacks if the real thing works?

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2018, 03:20 AM »
SDD-1 would only take up what little precious room there is.

You don't need SSD-1

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6712.15

You do understand that not every single core gets loaded every single time, right?  The presence of one core does not in any way at all impact whether another core will "fit".

Someone needs to post that "Look at this first" image that explains how the SD2SNES functions.

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2018, 03:22 AM »
"Why bother with SDD-1 at all when you can just patch both games to not use the chip? Seems like a waste of resources to emulate it just for two games."

There was a person on either Magno or Smokemonster's twitter page who claimed they have a lot of homebrew that uses the S-DD1 chip.

Which means that obviously after ikari and Magno somehow get S-DD1 up and working on SD2SNES we'll all be able to play that homebrew (should we be able to find it) and any other homebrew made for the S-DD1 chip in the future.

So yeah apparently all of these special chips have special properties that hackers/programmers/coders like to use them for in either making existing games better such as the Vitor (I think his name is?) programmer who took Super Mario World and somehow put it on the SA-1 chip and enhanced it by totally removing slowdown to others I believe using Vitor's work in this regard to make various Super Mario World hacks that basically turn SMW into a totally brand new game for each person's individual design iteration.

So there's definitely good reasons for Magno/ikari implementing S-DD1 even though Star Ocean is patched to work without it and in theory SF2 Alpha could be as well if somebody got on such a project.

Again the homebrew titles and potential for newly implemented chips into SD2SNES allowing programmers/coders/hackers to utilize to somehow make existing games handle/play better is definitely enough reason in my book for redguy/magno and anyone else to keep going and make all the remaining chips on SD2SNES work and get us to full 100% compatibility.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2018, 04:05 AM »
OBC-1 was used in only one game, and that's implemented. What's your point?

The person who did the Star Ocean patch is no longer in the ROM hacking community and someone has already completed the core for this.

I'd rather this be implemented for future proofing, in case some hacker somewhere (looking at you SMW Central) makes a hack that utilizes it.

Don't like it? Then don't copy the bitstream file and don't complain when other people want to play games that use it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:17 AM by Missingno255 »
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES