Author Topic: sa1 support [work in progress]  (Read 64531 times)

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Re: sa1 support [work in progress]
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2018, 10:42 AM »
How is it an ugly hack? All it does is expand the ROM size to 48/96 megabits and removes the SDD-1 requirement. How is that "ugly"? It's not, get your facts straight.  SDD-1 would only take up what little precious room there is.

You don't need SSD-1

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6712.15

It's not the way the game was made and thus it's ugly and this is FACT enough. Ah and btw... you don't need SA1,GSU,DSP*,OBC1,CX4,S-RTC and especially the only once used SPC7110 either, but I prefer to use the ORIGINAL game and I prefer the games to WORK at all in clean verified no-intro state. As Missingno255 stated, you are free to remove the SDD1 FPGA core once done and all are happy. :P

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2018, 02:33 PM »
I was on cherryroms forum 14 years before,  when Neviksti released the star ocean patch , i remember after that ,many people asked him a patch for street alpha  but he didn't follow up ...that was a lot of work .

Offline justindarc

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2018, 03:56 PM »
I really, really wish people would quit assuming that all the cores need to "fit" at the same time. For the 10,000th time, the cores are dynamically loaded as-needed. Adding support for any enhancement chip will never result in losing support for another because of any sort of space issue.

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2018, 07:26 PM »
People, focus pls. The purpose of this topic is to talk about problems in the sa1 implementation and helping to fix it. Lets talk about the possibility of add or not add another chip when this one get finished?

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2018, 07:28 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Is there even enough room on the FPGA? That's the main thing I'm worried about.
Oh the irony is strong with one. First, you complained about me being worried about SA-1 fitting, now this? Perhaps, you don't get it do you? People have mentioned this numerous times, that the cores are loaded on demand. Just stop.
magno 08/08/2018
@pippuz Yes, yesterday I compiled the base firmware with S-DD1 and luckly it fits in the Spartan 3. The design occupies 91% of FPGA resorces, which is great. Now I'm waiting for @ikari_01  to answer some questions to finish integration with current base firmware.
There's your answer. Direct from the horse's mouth on discord.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:44 AM by Missingno255 »
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Is there even enough room on the FPGA? That's the main thing I'm worried about.

Evolutionary advantage of people who can read. It was explained to you... 2948502012 times already that the FPGA is set up on ROM boot with a fpga_*.bit file fitting that game. There is ---> NO <--- ONE bitfile that always has to fit. The FPGA always does ---> ONE <--- job at once, like being a SA1 or a DSP1 or... whatever, a b33r opener! If you now still don't get it, I strongly recommend the mods to call this a day and give free holidays for trolling.

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2018, 05:34 PM »
If a beer opener is included in the next hardware revision, I will be onboard for dozens.  Heh.

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Though you may be frequenting the discord server, not every person who is a member of these forums here are on that discord. 

Had you quoted magno's discord post when referring to whether or not that individual core is able to fit, then I feel this likely would not have come to what is in the recent posts.

Just a suggestion.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2018, 06:03 AM »
Just popping in to remind everyone to be civil.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2018, 07:07 PM »
As Missingno255 stated, you are free to remove the SDD1 FPGA core once done and all are happy. :P
I'm pretty impressed that S-DD1 support is almost ready and some people still feel the need to argue about it, like SD2SNES will be way better if it only supports 99.9% of North American titles instead of 100%.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2018, 08:11 PM »
I would like to see this fabled S-DD1 implementation running on my SD2SNES.  Thought it would be available by now.

Offline Terminator2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2018, 08:26 PM »
magno is working hard behind the scenes to bring this to us.....im sure he has a working sdd1 implementation, he just needs to glue it to the rest of the firmware

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2018, 02:44 AM »
Well I just wanted to report on V6. On previous versions there were the visual glitches on kirby super star which I know redguy is aware of. I just wanted to say that on V6 they are not as bad so some progress snuffing out the causes of them has been made at least. The game is still perfectly playable tho. As for SDD-1 support?? To me that's huge! I wonder if anyone could use it for rom hacks or hell hack star ocean. That would be awesome.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Well I just wanted to report on V6. On previous versions there were the visual glitches on kirby super star which I know redguy is aware of. I just wanted to say that on V6 they are not as bad so some progress snuffing out the causes of them has been made at least. The game is still perfectly playable tho. As for SDD-1 support?? To me that's huge! I wonder if anyone could use it for rom hacks or hell hack star ocean. That would be awesome.
Yeah, exactly. Aside from 100% support for NA games, hacks are a good reason why S-DD1 support will be pretty nice.