Author Topic: Is it physically impossible to emulate the Super Gameboy on the SD2SNES?  (Read 12983 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
as for us in the 90's we had quite a few NES games that managed to work on the SNES from Burger Time, Donkey Kong and Star Soldier
Those are ports of very simple games though. Nothing special.

As for running non-SNES software on a SNES. You can put a PS4 on top of a SNES and then run PS4 games on top of the SNES! It doesn't even have to be plugged into the SNES! It's magic!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Just to clarify what we are talking about:

If symbios24 asked if this can be done on a SNES Everdrive, my answer would be: I don't know, but I guess not since it sounds like its FPGA hardware is much less powerful than the one in the SD2SNES, which for a long time no one believed could fit a whole Super Gameboy.

But what I think symbios24 was asking is if there is some hacky way to do it on a SNES Everdrive, like injecting a GB rom in the SGB BIOS, and my answer is: It's not possible just using software. You still need the Gameboy hardware to run Gameboy software and the SNES doesn't have this hardware, it's inside the SGB cartridge.