Author Topic: Gameshark codes won't work  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Jordino

• View Profile
Gameshark codes won't work
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:38 AM »
I've tried multiple codes, games, and methods but they just won't work. I tried putting the code 8033B248 0001 for Super Mario 64 in a txt file name Super Mario 64.txt and loading the cheat then staring the game which did nothing. I also tried selecting the game, loading the cheat by both using the txt file and manually entering it, then starting the game which did nothing, except for cause it to not load when I manually entered it. I also tried a few other codes which did nothing and a code for Mario Kart 64 which did nothing. What's going on? Nothing is working. I have gameshark on but not auto cheat. Does auto cheat just automatically load any detected cheats? I read somewhere that you don't have to have autocheat on for cheats to work. Also what does autocheat do?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:40 AM by Jordino »

Offline Mezmorize

• View Profile
    • Classic Video Game hacking
Re: Gameshark codes won't work
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 01:06 AM »
I used a manually entered GameShark code just last night with no problems. (Game did not require a Master Code).

Select the ROM and choose Select Only, press Z and enter in the code. Then press the Start button to launch the game.

Also about the .txt file, maybe it's not formatted correctly? Try downloading one made from https://gamehacking.org/system/n64/%23 (YAML).

Offline Jordino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 04:05 AM »
Apparently I was pressing "Select and Start" instead of the Start button :P. The cheats work now

Offline Cannocto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Being in good times is a great way to increase my understanding. Thank you very much.