Author Topic: [release] alternative ED64 Menu  (Read 236569 times)

Offline aterraformer

• View Profile
Re: [release] alternative ED64 Menu
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2016, 12:39 AM »
I would love a Japanese OoT MQ repro for no reason in particular. ;D

Offline aterraformer

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2016, 07:30 AM »
So I tried using v0.1.8.23, I mainly just want to use it for the hold start to reset.  Well it doesn't work.  What's the problem?

Offline aterraformer

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2016, 03:16 AM »
So I tried using v0.1.8.23, I mainly just want to use it for the hold start to reset.  Well it doesn't work.  What's the problem?
Nobody?

Offline aterraformer

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2016, 06:44 AM »
whatever, the damn thing is so slow anyway

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2016, 10:18 PM »
64 Reproductions aren't possible, I guess.

I don't know anything about the N64's internals myself, but I've heard that the reason you never see repro (pirated) N64 cartridges is because the protection that Nintendo built into the N64 and it's cartridges was so good that by the time the pirates had found a way to make cheap cartridges that worked on a real N64, it was no longer worth it since the N64 was all but dead commercially.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it does make sense.

Couldn't they become "a thing" through having a custom autoboot feature on ED though?

Offline aterraformer

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2016, 04:19 AM »

Offline wprpalmeida

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2016, 04:24 AM »

I don't know anything about the N64's internals myself, but I've heard that the reason you never see repro (pirated) N64 cartridges is because the protection that Nintendo built into the N64 and it's cartridges was so good that by the time the pirates had found a way to make cheap cartridges that worked on a real N64, it was no longer worth it since the N64 was all but dead commercially.

not true. pirated carts were available for the N64 almost from the get go. my first cart as a kid was a pirate International Superstar Soccer 64. it did require an adapter though

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2016, 07:57 AM »
Alt64 1.8.23 is not working for me either, do you have to do anything special to make it work on a v3?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MISTer

On my wishlist:
Saturn Satiator

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Hi! I am new to the community.

Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet...
Got my EDv3 this week and wanted to try alt64 but it did not work on v3.  Now it does.

Changed the following:

menu.c
Code: [Select]
801:   //bi_load_firmware(firmware);
3015:  int fpf = dfs_open("/firmware_v3.bin");

Download Archive (extract entire archive to SD, overwrite)

Good luck, and let me know if the DL link breaks.

link dead for everdrive v3 ?

Offline Metro City

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2016, 03:16 PM »
Hi, i have v3 it's possible have link for download?
Thanks

Offline Noob

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2016, 09:20 PM »
Hi, i have v3 it's possible have link for download?
Thanks

I'd like to have this as well please.

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2016, 05:03 PM »

not true. pirated carts were available for the N64 almost from the get go. my first cart as a kid was a pirate International Superstar Soccer 64. it did require an adapter though

None of that matters anyway I guess!  I just wanted to know if the creator of this alt menu would be able to add a function to boot straight to a rom to circumvent the menu.

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #297 on: September 03, 2016, 01:22 AM »
After a couple of days setting up a dev vm to my satisfaction and a few hours of coding & debugging this evening I have just managed to add ED64 V3 compatibility to alt64 whilst keeping compatibility with V1 and V2!!!!!

This does not only include the firmware loading part but also the ability to save on a hard reboot when a V3 is detected!!

The code can be found here: https://github.com/networkfusion/alt64/tree/v3support

I will post the binary when I have ironed out a couple of minor string length bugs I have introduced ;-)

P.S I have called this version 0.8.6.1 as 0.8.6 was the last version to have source code made available and there have been subsequent releases made available since then (although I am very happy to integrate the latest code if it were provided, at least before I tackle major refactoring of the code as outlined in my issues log!)
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline mlegora

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 07, 2016, 05:53 AM »
After a couple of days setting up a dev vm to my satisfaction and a few hours of coding & debugging this evening I have just managed to add ED64 V3 compatibility to alt64 whilst keeping compatibility with V1 and V2!!!!!

This does not only include the firmware loading part but also the ability to save on a hard reboot when a V3 is detected!!

The code can be found here: https://github.com/networkfusion/alt64/tree/v3support

I will post the binary when I have ironed out a couple of minor string length bugs I have introduced ;-)

P.S I have called this version 0.8.6.1 as 0.8.6 was the last version to have source code made available and there have been subsequent releases made available since then (although I am very happy to integrate the latest code if it were provided, at least before I tackle major refactoring of the code as outlined in my issues log!)

Does this also add the save without reset functionality or just adds v3 compatibility? Either way this is cool. Thanks a ton!

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #299 on: September 07, 2016, 01:53 PM »
Does this also add the save without reset functionality or just adds v3 compatibility? Either way this is cool. Thanks a ton!

As I said it has "the ability to save on a hard reboot when a V3 is detected" A hard reboot is to turn the power off and turn it back on again, So yes...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...